Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

This guy needs to play every game whilst we have Benteke up front.  The only player who looks to cross every time he gets the ball, and there's more than a fair share of dangerous ones included.

• Like 3

This guy needs to play every game whilst we have Benteke up front.  The only player who looks to cross every time he gets the ball, and there's more than a fair share of dangerous ones included.

I am beginning to see things this way. I thought he was the only one other than Westwood that played well today

I thought Mark was our best and liveliest player today. Everything decent seemed to come through him.

Strange to think a lot of people wanted shot of him and in recent weeks since he's been back he's either been man of the match or close to it for us in nearly all his preformances.

Stranger still was taking him off when we needed a goal at the end. As he was only one of the few people creating chances.

• Like 1

He had some good moments today but his crossing was consistently poor.

Disagree. Several of them were excellent, including the one for Weimann's free header which he crossed with his left foot. The corner assist was also superb. 

I thought Mark was our best and liveliest player today. Everything decent seemed to come through him.

Strange to think a lot of people wanted shot of him and in recent weeks since he's been back he's either been man of the match or close to it for us in nearly all his preformances.

Stranger still was taking him off when we needed a goal at the end. As he was only one of the few people creating chances.

Lambert said he felt he needed another big man up top - says all you need to know about his football philosophy.

Fine, if that's the way he wants to go, but just who is going to provide for your two big lumps you have if you take your winger off?

• 2 weeks later...

I get the impression he is being used begrudgingly by Lambert every time he plays he is one of if not our best player on the pitch , going as far back as the Spurs league cup game.

Yet he constantly is over looked no wonder the guy is frustrated  

Rumours he got the train home by himself after the Palace game. Tom Ross has apparently alluded to the rumours live on air just now as well.

Team in-fighting? Lambert lost the dressing room?

No new deal announced yet either. Think he'll be leaving, which is a shame as he loves the club to death and clearly has the talent to make it. I hope he stays, even as a squad player he offers something!

• Like 1

I'd be very frustrated if Marc left and then we replaced Lambert. He's a good player and I think he's got a future here, seeing him leave for nothing only to get rid of the manager would be a real kick in the stones. Hopefully if Lambert is going to get the bullet, someone from Villa has a chat with his agent and lets him know not to make any decisions on his future yet

Â