Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I don't have any explanation for what happened to him last season (except he's a new dad and maybe got too involved there), but he's definitely back.

The number of people riding him when he had a dip in form was pretty disgraceful considering how good he'd been when he first broke into the team.

I agree he's maybe not good enough if we're going to win the league, but as a sub for a team in the top 6 he definitely fits the bill. Brilliant player on his day. Not the quickest, but his vision is often properly awesome. If he could complete all the passes he sees we'd have no chance at all of keeping him if he wasn't a Villa fan.

Why are you surprised re the riding? You know how our fans are. Memories like sivs and zero loyalty. Whenever a player is off form for a while no matter who they are they are instantly shite!

He had a real dip in form, and I thought he would never play for us again, but he came back from loan a different player. He seems to me to have more tricks in his repertoire than previously. Also the only player showing real fighting spirit, and that is what we need right now.

He's been a breathe of fresh air since he came back into the side, it's just a shame others aren't currently following suit. He deserves the new contract on current form, but you have to hope and wonder that it's not due to his contract being set to expire.

Some of his crossing and wing play is fantastic, the ball in for gabbys goal this weekend was a peach, and hopefully see more of those Saturday against Hull!

He's fortunate as a club we've dropped so much and he got a new chance. He's been better than most players recently but that's not saying much. He's an average at best premiership player and while a good squad option I'd hope with a new takeover we'll be getting better.

He's had good spells but I can't think of too many games where he's been real quality this season.

He's fortunate as a club we've dropped so much and he got a new chance. He's been better than most players recently but that's not saying much. He's an average at best premiership player and while a good squad option I'd hope with a new takeover we'll be getting better.

He's had good spells but I can't think of too many games where he's been real quality this season.

I don't know why you have such a thing about him John.

He's been in better form than most of our players this season.

Yet you don't seem to be saying these things in the Baker thread, the Gabby thread, the Bacuna thread, the Weimann thread, seems to be constantly in the Albrighton thread. When frankly, he's been our best player. 

Edited by PieFacE

I guess I don't say those things in the other threads as they're aren't people saying how great they are.

He has been better than most recently but while being one of our better players I can't think of many games where he's caused the opposition problems and created lots of chances. We're so awful a few good crosses makes him stand out from the rest but like the majority of this squad he's average at best.

I guess I don't say those things in the other threads as they're aren't people saying how great they are.

He has been better than most recently but while being one of our better players I can't think of many games where he's caused the opposition problems and created lots of chances. We're so awful a few good crosses makes him stand out from the rest but like the majority of this squad he's average at best.

Whoa there, I am not saying he is a great player, only that he has come back better than he was.

And he is the only one who looks to me to be showing some fighting spirit.

I think a good manager could get a lot out of Albrighton. He has his limitations and seems like he relies on confidence a lot, but that can be said of most players.

He has great enthusiasm, can do the unexpected, has an uncanny ability to get a cross in and those crosses are usually very good quality. There's just very rarely players getting into the right positions for us. You'd think Albrighton and Benteke would be a great combination, but i think they have suffered from being in a dejected side in front of frustrated fans (rightly so).

His crosses were very good Saturday until the full back started to position a yard or so deeper. Thereafter Marc's crosses hit him and we were toothless. Second half Marc was tired, like most games.

I don't know. Seems like an impact sub to me.

He's set up loads of goals since he came back into the side. Delph's v chelsea, Gab v swansea and his air shot caused confusion in the hull defense to allow time westwood to place the ball in the net. The formation doesn't help him but he's done enough to get a new contract for me.

He's set up loads of goals since he came back into the side. Delph's v chelsea, Gab v swansea and his air shot caused confusion in the hull defense to allow time westwood to place the ball in the net. The formation doesn't help him but he's done enough to get a new contract for me.

He ment that :detect:

He ment that :detect:

Yep. If you look closely you can see it was actually a very clever swivel-backheel pass to Westwood, disguised as a clumsy and hilariously amateurish 'shot' on goal. The lad is a genius.

Â