Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Depends how much money Albrighton wants, still not done enough to justify much of an increase in wages, imo.

This is probably the most important thing, I'm guessing he was signed up during Houllier's reign? If so he must be on somewhere between £20-25k pw, and he hasn't done anything to deserve £25k+ imo, which is most likely what he'd ask for if he asked for an increase and the club probably think the same if he's not starting every week. Even if Albrighton wanted the same wages, I'd imagine the club would try barter him down a bit.

20k would not suprise me. From what I remember he had a good start under Mcdonald and was a regular when Houllier joined so to sign the "the next David Beckham" for 20k wouldn't shock me.

My impression is that Albrighton's current problem is that he plays pretty well as a sub but when he gets a start he doesn't do much.

When was his last start? I seem to remember him doing ok considering we were awful. Palace perhaps?

That sounds like Man U at home in December.

Also when he came on against West Ham he was our only player.

Surely this is not the same Albrighton the fans were chanting for after 3 minutes against Norwich. The same Albrighton that some wanted to start ahead of Weiman?

Oh! Well, suppose if he has a blinder against Man U he'll be on the like list again. 

• Like 2

I've never wanted him to be given a new contract myself. He is okay-ish as an impact sub but even then he was made to look better than he is by the fact that we aren't used to seeing genuine width in the team. I'd rather us concentrate on using and developing the likes of Grealish, Carruthers and Graham next season. It is best for all parties that he leaves in the summer.

I've never wanted him to be given a new contract myself. He is okay-ish as an impact sub but even then he was made to look better than he is by the fact that we aren't used to seeing genuine width in the team. I'd rather us concentrate on using and developing the likes of Grealish, Carruthers and Graham next season. It is best for all parties that he leaves in the summer.

I'd like to see that too but I just can't see Lambert playing any of them bar the odd 10 mins here and there. So saying that I'd like to see Marc given a new contract if it is down to him or Tonev as our main winger next year.

I'd like to see that too but I just can't see Lambert playing any of them bar the odd 10 mins here and there. So saying that I'd like to see Marc given a new contract if it is down to him or Tonev as our main winger next year.

I'd actually rather we stick with Tonev if it is one or the other. We all know what Albrighton offers, his limitations and the fact he won't improve. Tonev on the other hand hasn't had enough games to pass judgement on so he may turn out to be the better player.

I would personally disagree Tonev is only a few monyhs younger than Marc and has arguably more experience, admittedly not in the premier league, and looks a lot poorer.

I know age-wise there isn't much difference but Tonev hasn't had a proper chance to adjust to this league. In fact he hasn't had a proper chance period.

Edited by Isa

Who was is that got the assist v Chelsea again?

With a poor cross that Delph had to improvise to make it an assist, next evidence to warrant a new contract.....

Still resulted in a goal though

I'd give him a new deal but keep it short so he isn't on easy street like the last long term one he signed.

Make him keep up this level into next season so he can earn an extended deal.

He has actually impacted on a few of our games unlike Tonev who was hopeless over xmas when he was last seen in a villa shirt.

Â