Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

This is the main reason why i think a takeover has been in the pipeline for quite a while. There are a number of players who havent been offered new contracts. Why give Albrighton a new one if the new owners want to buy better quality?

My thinking is similar. Perhaps it's hope, I dunno. But he's playing a part in our survival attempt but as it stands not here next season. Why hasn't he been offered a new contract yet? Well if there was something like that in the pipeline then contracts wouldn't be given until its sorted one what or another.

Made Shaw look bad in the second half!

Still remember him out performing Young/Downing in their final season here...Think with the right coaching he could live up to the potential he was once thought to have.

Had a good game and did make a mug of shaw a few times. But at times his final ball was poor. As I've said before, a very good squad player, and where we are at the moment probably one of the better players, but if we want to be top six he wouldn't feature

He played well in the second half, took Shaw on and had him on his back foot a few times. I do think he should be running into the box more with the ball rather than hitting  hopeful balls into the 6 yard box, once he's in the box the defenders have to be really careful with him as he has a trick or two.

He was easily our best attacking force yesterday, MOTM?......Vlar for me

I have a tenuous ITK that Marc is going to sign a new contract. Make of that what you will. He's a good lad and good to have around the squad.

Surprised, the sale of the club must not be as immanent as people think or the new buyer hasnt the money we hoped he would have.

I have a tenuous ITK that Marc is going to sign a new contract. Make of that what you will. He's a good lad and good to have around the squad.

Surprised, the sale of the club must not be as immanent as people think or the new buyer hasnt the money we hoped he would have.

All depends weather we get sold or not.. No one will have new contracts until the new owner is in. If the rumour is true!

I don't have any explanation for what happened to him last season (except he's a new dad and maybe got too involved there), but he's definitely back.

The number of people riding him when he had a dip in form was pretty disgraceful considering how good he'd been when he first broke into the team.

I agree he's maybe not good enough if we're going to win the league, but as a sub for a team in the top 6 he definitely fits the bill. Brilliant player on his day. Not the quickest, but his vision is often properly awesome. If he could complete all the passes he sees we'd have no chance at all of keeping him if he wasn't a Villa fan.

Â