Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Yeah Marc was fantastic today. He has limited ability, but his desire is incredibly refreshing. Deserves a new contract. Looked like the only player who could make something happen. Love the kid. Hes an excellent squad player.

Have a day off.

Would it hurt you to actually praise a player who played well without the backhand negativity?

And have a day off from the hypocrisy. I didn't say he didn't play well. Fair play to him. I said hopefully we don't have to see average players like him wearing the shirt in the future. I think you struggle with the concept of a message board compared to being at the ground.

Hypocrisy? Okay.

You haven't even said he played well. The first (and only) thing you said was 'hope we don't have to see average players like him in the shirt'.

What sort of support is that? It has nothing to do with being at the ground or not.

As I said. Why is it not possible for you to praise a player without the backhanded comments?

Would definitely give him a new contract .

I'd rather give grealish an opportunity and i'd hope we'd be adding better players in the summer.

why? even if we did sign another right winger, we still need a reserve one. Jack plays on the left side doesn't he?

I'd prefer if we didn't muck around with him in the summer, just tie him down with another contract. He's dangerous with his crossing and has been a bit of a stand out for me this season as he always looks to be one of the players most likely to actually make something happen. Even if we do get taken over and have the money to buy players of greater quality, I wouldn't mind a player like Albrighton as back up.

I'd rather give grealish an opportunity and i'd hope we'd be adding better players in the summer.

Albrighton is a lot better than Grealish. If Albrighton played in the League One, he would be the biggest star there, with tons of goals and assists.

Maybe Grealish can become a squad filler in a few years. Let's hope so.

Albrighton is a lot better than Grealish. If Albrighton played in the League One, he would be the biggest star there, with tons of goals and assists.

Maybe Grealish can become a squad filler in a few years. Let's hope so.

A squad-filler in a few years? He should be that next season at least. 

Marc has been a real positive during this horrific second half of the season. He clearly has ability and it really looks as though he's working hard on his game to become less one dimensional, appears a bit stronger than he was before as well. Deserves a new contract and I hope he's here for a good few years yet, it's very important IMO to have players who care passionately for the club - you could see today in that second half period where he was making things happen, the whole team turned up the intensity as well.

• Like 4

Don't understand the negativity, both from posters on here and from the management at times this season. The reality is that his performances since Christmas have been one of the few bright points in what has otherwise been a dark few months for this football club. He always tries to do things, he beats his man more often than not, he gets good crosses in more often than not, and he's a very positive influence on the team. How many times have we been on here in recent months and he's won the man of the match poll? It's a lot. Also, he was more threatening than Ward-Prowse today, and I take it nobody's going to come on here and say he's not a good prospect. Obviously we'd all prefer it if we had Robben or something, but we don't, so let's just tie down his contract, congratulate him for his excellent performances, and support one of our better players. 

Hear hear.

Did alright today I thought, a good couple of runs and made a lot of effort to create stuff.

The problem with him though, and it always will be, is that his crosses are all flash and no bang. Yeah, he can put in a nice looking curling cross that makes you get out of your seat, but he rarely puts those crosses on anyone's head. Many times his crosses go too close to the keeper or won't beat the first man. Only watched the second half, but most the crosses I saw were either picked up by Boruc by his feet or went to no-one.

You can say that no-one was getting on the end of his crosses, but no-ones been getting on the end of his crosses for about 5 years now, with various strikers.

The problem isn't who he's crossing for, it's his crosses.

• Like 1

One of the few players who doesn't hide. He was up against an absolute star in the making today and never got overawed, then grew into the game. As others have posted, he was a bright spot within another grim attacking performance.

Some others should take note of his attitude alone. Well done Marc!!!

Don't particularly rate him, thought him vs shaw was a mismatch 1st half......2nd half Marc stepped it up and put it on shaw. I don't think shaw knew what to do as Marc kept getting 1 over on him. Motm albrighton. Well played

This is the main reason why i think a takeover has been in the pipeline for quite a while. There are a number of players who havent been offered new contracts. Why give Albrighton a new one if the new owners want to buy better quality?

Â