Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Lets not forget the impact this guy had on the result today. First touch pass back to Delph to set up the goal.

Well and truly impressed with Albrighton lately.

Very true, the goal was so amazing that the assist has been largely overlooked. Brilliant pass from Marc.

Whaaat?

I don't believe that. He was by far the most potent option on our bench in the last match. He's improved our attacking threat every time he's come on recently.

If his wage demands are sky-high the club might want to move on, but I can't see that being the case: He's a Villa fan, so his wage demands will surely be realistic at least.

Has already been told to find another club at the end of this season.

And yet is still involved in the squad and first team? Given Lambert's methods of dealing with players that he sees as having no future at the club I'd suggest that this is bollocks of the highest order.

Unless it's not, in which case I retract the above comment ;)

• Like 2

I love Marc. No thrills player but can do a job well. Think he's been unfairly criticised by some in the past.

This goes for a FEW of our players tbh. We are an extremely fickle bunch, they are either world beaters or utter dross according to some.

Not all of us are an extremely fickle bunch, thank you very much. Some of us have stuck with Marc, Delph and any other players that people previously wrote off, because we had seen things in them in the past that we believed they could achieve again.

Whaaat?

I don't believe that. He was by far the most potent option on our bench in the last match. He's improved our attacking threat every time he's come on recently.

If his wage demands are sky-high the club might want to move on, but I can't see that being the case: He's a Villa fan, so his wage demands will surely be realistic at least.

I have not been told that this is a secret so ..

Has been told to find another club at the end of this season. Newcastle and another Prem club that has for the moment slipped my mind are interested. Leicester are also interested and I think is the most appealing as he doesn't want to move house, wants to play regularly and they will be in the Prem next season.

Nothing to do with money, doesn't fit into Lamberts playstyle.

Obviously anything can happen between now and the end of the season but that is how I was told things stood around a week ago.

I don't very much that a player who is being used regularly would be told mid season to find another club as it would demotivated them. His agent may be looking just incase no contract is offered but that's completely different. Also Lamberts Style? This season we have played loads of formations and that's one thing I think will continue and as the only winger at the club I'd say that would go in his favour. I'd sign him on a 2 year deal and sell next summer if he doesn't make an impact next year the same would go for Gardner.

Whaaat?

I have not been told that this is a secret so ..

Has been told to find another club at the end of this season. Newcastle and another Prem club that has for the moment slipped my mind are interested. Leicester are also interested and I think is the most appealing as he doesn't want to move house, wants to play regularly and they will be in the Prem next season.

Nothing to do with money, doesn't fit into Lamberts playstyle.

Obviously anything can happen between now and the end of the season but that is how I was told things stood around a week ago.

Cobblers.  You didn't even put  :excl:

Well thats immensely dissapointing if true

I do like albrighton and he's a villa fan to which is always a plus, but I think he is just too limited a player. Yes he offers a lot going forward with his speed & ability to cross the ball but he's not strong enough to play one of the wide, front three roles. Likewise in midfield, he's not strong enough to play one of the middle 3. He can't play as a wing back because he can't defend, so unless we play four in midfield with 2 world beaters in the middle, he ain't gonna get a game

I think Albrighton is more of a traditional winger suited to a 4-4-2. It's seems as though Lambert is going to stick with 4-3-3/4-5-1 and he doesn't fit that system. It's sad to lose a local player but there's no point keeping him just for the sake of it.

The way you guys are taking Justified words as truth suggests he has provided some information in the past that has proven correct! Personal I haven't seen any so if someone could enlighten me I'd grateful, until then I take his words to be BS!

Well thats immensely dissapointing if true

I do like albrighton and he's a villa fan to which is always a plus, but I think he is just too limited a player. Yes he offers a lot going forward with his speed & ability to cross the ball but he's not strong enough to play one of the wide, front three roles. Likewise in midfield, he's not strong enough to play one of the middle 3. He can't play as a wing back because he can't defend, so unless we play four in midfield with 2 world beaters in the middle, he ain't gonna get a game

I agree with all of that but want happened to having options in the squad.

In my mind the main reason Albrighton hasnt started more in the last 10 games (when his form has been consistently good) is that we dont have anyone to play left wing as Tonev is not yet up to it.

The answer to that is not give away your right winger its get a decent option for left wing.

He is starting to show real promise and is posing a threat to most teams he plays against - that is a valuable thing in Premier League and we are going to give it away because we dont want to pay his very low wages.

It just says it all about how badly run we are at times. We pay Hutton, Beye etc for years when not playing and then we get a player of our own who finally shows they can make it at Villa and we give them away.

I'm trying not to get too angry because I dont remember "Justified" ever being ITK before

• Like 1

I don't see why he couldn't play as one of the front three (wide obviously not central). The fact that he is creating for the team currently means I would definitely offer him an extension. Not the greatest player but a good squad man.

Â