Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

I like him on the wing.  One complaint.  Stop overhitting the cross.  Far too often, his cross goes over the head every attacker on the far post.  "Settle down, son, he's not 8 feet tall"

It's very hard to perfectly hit a cross especially when he has only a second and a foot of room to hit it. 

• Like 2

I like him on the wing.  One complaint.  Stop overhitting the cross.  Far too often, his cross goes over the head every attacker on the far post.  "Settle down, son, he's not 8 feet tall"

It's very hard to perfectly hit a cross especially when he has only a second and a foot of room to hit it. 

I am under no impression it's easy.  My job isn't either.  But if I keep making the same mistake consistently, it should be addressed.

I am under no impression it's easy.  My job isn't either.  But if I keep making the same mistake consistently, it should be addressed.

I understand the point you're making, but circumstances are very different. I am not sure the best crossers in the world could hit a perfect cross in those conditions consistently. 

Please all, understand, I'm not attacking Marc. He's been great since he returned from his loan. I don't think every cross can be consistently perfectly. I also note that the comments that it's not that bad are not denying the observation. He consistently overhits them. If he hit some too long and some too short, and some too close to the keeper, and some behind the runner, and some right on, he would be a great crosser. But he doesn't do that, he consistently makes the SAME error. That's something to work on and improve. That's all I'm trying to say.

Doesn't United have the largest pitch in the league and coincidentally, didn't Albrighton have one of his best matches when we played them? 

Wasn't that the 2-2 home game?

Probably, but I wasn't sure that's why I asked. 

We aren't strong enough in the middle to play 442 and accommodate Marc sadly, though he was good last game.

If he's going to play, I think it should be on the right on a 433, Weimann left, Gabby through the middle. Though you could swap the pair of them round.

We aren't strong enough in the middle to play 442 and accommodate Marc sadly, though he was good last game.

If he's going to play, I think it should be on the right on a 433, Weimann left, Gabby through the middle. Though you could swap the pair of them round.

4-3-3 is horribly ineffective at home anyway so it's not like we have anything to lose by playing 4-4-2?

Doesn't United have the largest pitch in the league and coincidentally, didn't Albrighton have one of his best matches when we played them? 

All the Premier League pitches are the same size, I believe.

Villa have the second narrowest pitch in the league at 72 yards. Only West Ham have a narrower pitch (70 yards). Man City's pitch is 78 yards wide and Man Utd's is 76 yards.

All the Premier League pitches are the same size, I believe.

I don't think so. They will be in the parameters provided in the laws. The Premier League may have a minimum and maximum or something similar.  But not all pitches are the same size.  I.e. Stoke making the pitch smaller for the long throw.

We aren't strong enough in the middle to play 442 and accommodate Marc sadly, though he was good last game.

4-3-3 is horribly ineffective at home anyway so it's not like we have anything to lose by playing 4-4-2?

Fair shout.

We aren't strong enough in the middle to play 442 and accommodate Marc sadly, though he was good last game.

so you're not going to play benteke?

Â