Marc Albrighton

kingeightyone

Maybe we can start a petition to keep Albrighton and get in a manager that knows a touch of class when he sees it

Andre Villas Bumface? He's just been taken.

Michael Laudurrbrain maybe?

Anyone but Lamberk

I don't know whether Albrighton will leave or stay. He is starting to show glimmers of a bit of form in recent weeks so maybe worth keeping on a shortish contract. Lambert may see things differently, and see Grealish as a better option for next season after his loan spell is up at Notts County. With finances being kept to a strict budget, it may be in Lamberts plans to use JG more next season, and use the wages saved on Albrighton to strenghthen another area of the squad.

• Like 1

I'm really not fussed about Albrighton.

If he stays then fine, but I wouldn't miss him if we let him go - plays well off the bench, earns himself a start and is then just meh.

Villa through and through, try's hard but bang average. I'd be amazed if we're ever looking on at him playing for another club wishing we'd kept him!

I don't know whether Albrighton will leave or stay. He is starting to show glimmers of a bit of form in recent weeks so maybe worth keeping on a shortish contract. Lambert may see things differently, and see Grealish as a better option for next season after his loan spell is up at Notts County. With finances being kept to a strict budget, it may be in Lamberts plans to use JG more next season, and use the wages saved on Albrighton to strenghthen another area of the squad.

Would be nice to have someone that could play wide on either side of the pitch! Keeping both players may give us another option to mix up our play with almost no financial outlay (I can't imagine MA is going to demand a huge contract.) 

• Like 1

That would be a mistake if he did that. Grealish is obviously a very good prospect but Albrighton has proved he can make an impact in games, If he doesn't want to keep Albrighton then he must sign another winger.

So is this guy ITK or what? It doesn't seem logical to me - why bring him back from the loan list, watch him put in several good performances, including 2 performances where he was the best player in a claret & blue shirt, only to let him go for a free? Would be very disappointing if true. 

If this "he doesn't fit into the system Lambert wants to play" stuff is true then he really is as limited a manager as this season has made me fear.

Plan B is plan A with this bloke. You need other options and who else in the team is even slightly like Marc in terms of the way they play the game?

******* ridiculous (if true).

• Like 1

I really have no idea why we wouldn't keep hold of Marc.

Surely he can't be on that much money, and the fact he is out of contract should help, as moving clubs isn't going to boost his wages either I can't imagine.

However, although he isn't the greatest player, he is good enough for the Prem  IMO and seems happy to be around the squad at the moment, and is probably out best attacking option off the bench. As as a few have said, he gives us a Plan B - and hopefully Tonev will step up after the traditional "difficult first season" and gives us a left wing option and a real Plan B.

Plus, if we sign him up for 2 or 3 years, we could probably shift him for a million or 2 (shit, we got money for Bannan!), so the deal could be about cost neutral even if it fails! Ditto Gradner.

Sack this Grealish lad tho' - unless he chooses England! :P

Useful fact

Albrighton creates more chances per game (2.1) than anyone else in the team. I know Lambert is allergic to stats, but this is an actually useful one, that measures something important, not like yards-run-per-game or whatever. He creates more than anyone else at the club, and I can confirm this because I can see, with my eyes, him doing it, with his feet. What's Lambert's excuse? (again, if true)

• Like 1

If this "he doesn't fit into the system Lambert wants to play" stuff is true then he really is as limited a manager as this season has made me fear.

Plan B is plan A with this bloke. You need other options and who else in the team is even slightly like Marc in terms of the way they play the game?

******* ridiculous (if true).

Surely the sheer number of different formations and systems he's used in his time here illustrates how unlikely it is he'd want rid of a player purely because he doesn't fit "the system".

I can't understand people having a go at the club and/or Lambert for a rumour that is most likely bs. It baffles me. Haven't we learned by now? But each to their own. I find it hard to believe that a player who's constantly in the squad, rather often playing even if he's mostly a sub, is told that he can leave during the coming summer. Sure, it happened to Holman, but that one was a one off, I think.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Lambert has made that public anyway actually, let me have a butchers

edit:

"I'll definitely sit down and talk to him."

"It's just the way things have worked out with games, his injuries, one after the other, but I know he's out of contract, so I'll sit down with him."

Yep he made it public, relax guys, he'll be signing a new deal :) (unless he chooses not too, so as I said previously, I hope it gets sorted asap!)

Edited by samjp26

Depends how much money Albrighton wants, still not done enough to justify much of an increase in wages, imo.

This is probably the most important thing, I'm guessing he was signed up during Houllier's reign? If so he must be on somewhere between £20-25k pw, and he hasn't done anything to deserve £25k+ imo, which is most likely what he'd ask for if he asked for an increase and the club probably think the same if he's not starting every week. Even if Albrighton wanted the same wages, I'd imagine the club would try barter him down a bit.

Â