Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

On 21/08/2017 at 14:50, vreitti said:

I was under the impression GG had left us already, some time ago. :wacko:

Me too. I could have swore I saw a photo of him holding up another club's shirt a few days ago.

Interest from Barnsley 

to take the 25-year-old on loan for the rest of the season and are closing in on a move.

Gardner has been told by boss Steve Bruce that he can leave and a number of clubs have shown an interest.

However, it’s the Tykes who look set to land the middle man who has fallen down the pecking order this season.

Hope this works out as we need bodies out the door.

Clicky

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Why on earth did we give him a new contract? 

To secure a transfer fee according to some on here.

Another truly baffling decision and garbage piece of business. I look forward to us paying most of his salary for the next couple of years.

Garbage.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

To secure a transfer fee according to some on here.

Another truly baffling decision and garbage piece of business. I look forward to us paying most of his salary for the next couple of years.

Garbage.

Well previously Tony has been really good on loans, getting a fee and full wages paid

It's purely about getting the wage off the bill. 

As usual we must be paying him more than any other team is willing to as no one will pay us a transfer fee or put his wages on their bill long term. 

Should have just let his deal expire.  I really cannot understand why we didn't.  He is so surplus to requirements that he's only visible with powerful binoculars. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Condolences to Barnsley. 

Poor. 

A Villa lad and a good professional. Injuries have ruined the promise he had some years back. You can tell he loves the club. Good luck Gary!

• Like 1

Â