Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

23 hours ago, a m ole said:

We should have kept him to play alongside Traore, Bacuna, Cissokho and Kozak.

Yes, we missed a trick there with the chance to pair up the world beating central midfield pairing of Gary and Bacuna. Playing those 2 behind Kozak and there would have been no stopping us.

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2018 at 04:00, Keyblade said:

And so without knowing anything else about the club, your conclusion is this uptick in form is down to Gardner? 

I haven't been watching them so I don't know. The stats are supportive of it to a degree and I rated him higher than others did last season so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is playing a significant role.

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The club obviously still rate him, he wouldn't have been given a new contract if they didn't, I hope we don't get rid of him 

If we go up thheres no way he would be good enough for the next level - I don’t  personally think he’s that good at this level in a decent team - may look good in a pretty shit  team though .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The club obviously still rate him, he wouldn't have been given a new contract if they didn't, I hope we don't get rid of him 

Personally, I think that contract was just so we can get a decent fee for him. Cant see a future for him here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If we go up thheres no way he would be good enough for the next level - I don’t  personally think he’s that good at this level in a decent team - may look good in a pretty shit  team though .

I think there's still potential there, still only 25, worth keeping around I think

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think there's still potential there, still only 25, worth keeping around I think

Not been anything like the same player since injury for me - I was surprised the club kept him on to be honest - some shocking decision making down the years with albrighton going on a free whilst we offer new deals to gabby and Gardner . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

With respect SGC, at what age does someone stop being a 'prospect' because to me at 25, even with the injuries, he should have kicked on by now.

I think lower championship is his level despite the promise he showed at a younger age. Our Academy is producing players that can have admirable careers in the top 3 divisions of English football. Where he's got to is no disgrace in my opinion as English footballers are competing with the best in the world for pro contracts here.

• Like 2

For all his so called potential he has never done it at Villa and never will despite all the chances he has had. A good League 1 player at best

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

For all his so called potential he has never done it at Villa and never will despite all the chances he has had. A good League 1 player at best

I Never seen anything that remotely suggested to me,he ever would ,sadly.

I think quite a few got this one wrong.

Edited by TRO

Â