Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Just now, TRO said:

for me, he did anything but chase, more walking pace as the play went past him.....was just a body to get in the way.....has a wicked free kick, but not enough to warrant a first team place.

He would do well to find his level.

When he was a starter agreed. But when he came on last ten minutes he would chase everything.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

for me, he did anything but chase, more walking pace as the play went past him.....was just a body to get in the way.....has a wicked free kick, but not enough to warrant a first team place.

He would do well to find his level.

Yeah, that isn't really true, he's the best goalkeeper closer downer I have seen in nigh on 20 years. Unfortunately he is just utterly useless as a footballer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah, that isn't really true, he's the best goalkeeper closer downer I have seen in nigh on 20 years. Unfortunately he is just utterly useless as a footballer.

I disagree.....He is poor at both.

when you see Whelan play ......that is a DM

Have to agree.

as much as everyone wanted Gardner to succeed after a promising youth career, he never lived up to expectations.

think he's had an easy ride from the fans having come through the ranks but it's abundantly clear he will never hold down a first team slot at villa.

good luck to him (if indeed it transpires he's leaving)

• Like 2

This is why we gave a contract, get some money for him rather than allowing to leave on a free

Never worked out for him after his injuries, but wish him well (as long as he doesn't be like his brother and say he is a blues fan).

• Like 4

He'll probably sign at sha and declare himself a life long fan. 

Not even as good as his brother. Won't be missed. 

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

This is why we gave a contract, get some money for him rather than allowing to leave on a free

Never worked out for him after his injuries, but wish him well (as long as he doesn't be like his brother and say he is a blues fan).

It's taken me about half an hour to freaking work out how to like this. 

Agreed I felt at the time they had given him a contract to ensure a fee. I had been thinking the other day we have seen nothing of him in pre season. 

Not sure why he would have agreed to a contract at the time, it would surely have been better for him to see it out and go for bigger wages on a free.  Anyone think he was given the impression that he was in our plans when he really wasn't? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Anyone think he was given the impression that he was in our plans when he really wasn't? 

Makes no difference really, as long as he's gone ASAP. Never good enough for us. If we can get a fee, even better, but I'd probably release for free too, if push comes to shove.

23 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Makes no difference really, as long as he's gone ASAP. Never good enough for us. If we can get a fee, even better, but I'd probably release for free too, if push comes to shove.

Luckily Tony is trying to run a business and avoid FFP penalties.

• Like 3

Â