Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

• 2 weeks later...

Shame the lad has had so many injuries, because he was obviously quality as a youngster.  Don't think we'll miss him and doubt he'll be anything but an average championship midfielder.  No ill feelings towards him whatsoever. 

Sadly not even as good as his brother. 

As an aside, I'm offering odds of 4/7 that he declares himself a boyhood fan of whoever he signs for next. 

Shame it didn't turn out as we all hoped. A promising academy player let down by injuries and just not growing into the player we all thought he could become. Best of luck to him!

• Like 1

He's so far away from the first team. His football career is effectively over if he doesn't leave. Could be one of those that goes to deadline day as he tries for the best club/deal he can. Just hope we haven't paid him so much that he can't get it elsewhere and ends up sitting on his contract. 

That's an ambitious attempt to reclaim ownership of his footballing fate. For the best and good luck to him. Had a chance wasn't good enough, I rather suspect that those early injuries really did bugger any additional talent there may have been.

Done nothing to annoy anyone here as far as I recall so good luck to him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Shame the lad has had so many injuries, because he was obviously quality as a youngster.  Don't think we'll miss him and doubt he'll be anything but an average championship midfielder.  No ill feelings towards him whatsoever. 

Agreed ! 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

He's so far away from the first team. His football career is effectively over if he doesn't leave. Could be one of those that goes to deadline day as he tries for the best club/deal he can. Just hope we haven't paid him so much that he can't get it elsewhere and ends up sitting on his contract. 

I don't think that Gary is that sort of player. If he had wanted to sit out his contract he would have not mentioned leaving. He had more potential than his brother and unlike him is a Villa fan and I do not anticipate him denying that when he leaves us for pastures new. He was so unlucky with injuries which robbed him of a bright future with us and us of what I'm sure would otherwise have been a top player. I wish him the very best for the future.  

• Like 1

I don't have any particularly 'hot' takes, just the same as the consensus really - no reason to dislike the guy, but just so far away from the level we need to be promoted. The main question in my mind is whether there will even be anyone who wants him. 

Â