Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't have any particularly 'hot' takes, just the same as the consensus really - no reason to dislike the guy, but just so far away from the level we need to be promoted. The main question in my mind is whether there will even be anyone who wants him. 

Back to Forest ? They seemed to like him there. Maybe one of our "loan and buy next year" sales that we seem to love at the moment.

Good luck Gary wherever you end up. I hope you end up having a decent career staying clear of any serious injuries. Shame it hasn't worked out here as all had hope with such early promise but serious injuries as a youngster stopped that from happening.  UTV.

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Thanks for your goal against small heath. Wish him well. 

& how about that goal celebration? He ran the length of the field to celebrate with the Villa fans. It was like a fan had scored for us which was what had happened (he's one of our own). :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, striker said:

Who is going to buy him though?

Probably on a contract now which means he will difficult to shift (clearly) and will be loaned out to a league 1 team with us footing the bill.

He signed a new IMPROVED deal on the 23.12.16, so not even a year ago...after a string of ineffectual performances it had many scratching their heads.

3 days later he started against Burton, he was hauled off at HT after another ineffectual performance.

A week later he started against Cardiff,he was hauled off at HT..after another ineffectual performance.

Since then he has featured on the bench prominently, managing a dismal 415 minutes worth of football, completing 90 minutes just 3 times (victory over a 10 man Wednesday team and the final straw being abject defeats at Fulham and Blackburn)

How this guy got a new deal is well and truly beyond me and should be up there with Tish, Gollini and Mccormack. Maybe even more so...because everyone could see he was not good enough.

The deal was only done to stop him going on a free. And by improved it can't have increased by much. Still didn't need a full 4 years though :/ However, I don't think we'd ask for much of a fee for him

Â