Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

A much better player than people think. I'm glad we loaned him because he's likely to perform twice as well for Barnsley than he did here so when/if we do sell him we'll get closer to his real value which is more than 1m. 

Edited by Michael118

15 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Haha, remember one of the goals against Wigan when people were asking who played a magnificent 70 yard pass to set up the assist, ready to heap praise in them. Then the answer was Gardner and nobody responded or said just what quality it actually was. That in a nut-shell defines a lot of what I read on here. 

I don't think he's good enough for a team expected to push for a title and then consolidate in the Prem. The large/long new deal was stupid. 2/3 years I could sort of understand but Bruce barely played him after he signed the new deal.

We'd have saved more not offering a long deal and letting him go for a fair price. 

None of this is Gardener's fault however and there was a promising player in there, Forest fans rate him from what I've read. He's not deserving of some of the comments on here. Have some grace about yourselves. He's a solid Championship midfielder, it may not be good enough for what we require but it's not deserving if some of the tripe offered his way either. 

Without the injuries and therfore no consistency of football over the important years of his development we may have had the player we hoped. 

It wasn't to be. All the best Gardener from me. 

Good post but terrible on the name.

13 hours ago, Michael118 said:

A much better player than people think. I'm glad we loaned him because he's likely to perform twice as well for Barnsley than he did here so when/if we do sell him we'll get closer to his real value which is more than 1m. 

£1,000,000.01

• Like 1

he's had two knackering injuries is now 24 and still hasn't done anything really for us. fair enough scoredanice header v the blues, and at times he was ok when on loan at forest a couple of years ago. The potential tag had some credibility 5/6 years ago. Now, not really. For his sake I wish him all the best and that he does do well after playing regular football, but it might take him 2 full years to get going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

If Craig is worth 2m Gary is worth double that based on potential.

Yeah, I would say Gary was worth more too, just needs a whole season of game time and I am sure his value will increase - Forest loved him when he went there.

• Like 1

If potential hasn't manifested by 25 then the likelihood it's not going to manifest at all. 25 is already halfway through a footballer's career.

Craig was a much better player for us in his time here before he hit 25, and that was in the Premier League. Gary had high potential but unfortunately the injuries have stopped him from ever realizing it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael118 said:

If Craig is worth 2m Gary is worth double that based on potential.

If a 25yr old lad that can't pass, can't tackle, can't read a game, and is always injured is worth £4m, My 38yr old overweight ass has got to be worth a million. 

The guy is crap, thats why he's at Barnsley at the peak of his career. If he wasn't a local lad he'd would have been bombed out years ago. 

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

On Barnsley's bench in the televised game against Leeds. Doesn't appear to have featured much at all so far this season.

2 games played, 157 minutes in the league so far according to Transfermarkt.

Sadly it won't happen for him.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We really need to get players like him off the books. We carry so much dead weight.

Yep, can't agree more.  Bit off topic, but if Barnsley think anything of him, perhaps a swap deal involving Tom Bradshaw and cash could be done?  Can't think of any other Barnsley players worth having.  

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yep, can't agree more.  Bit off topic, but if Barnsley think anything of him, perhaps a swap deal involving Tom Bradshaw and cash could be done?  Can't think of any other Barnsley players worth having.  

Just getting him off the books on a free to save the salary would be a help.

29 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We really need to get players like him off the books. We carry so much dead weight.

Dead right.

Too many duds at the club......half a team of 'em.

ps just come on for Barnsley.

Edited by TRO

On 9/2/2017 at 08:57, Rodders said:

he's had two knackering injuries is now 24 and still hasn't done anything really for us. fair enough scoredanice header v the blues, and at times he was ok when on loan at forest a couple of years ago. The potential tag had some credibility 5/6 years ago. Now, not really. For his sake I wish him all the best and that he does do well after playing regular football, but it might take him 2 full years to get going. 

I have a suspicion.....he was never ever good enough.

another overhyped.

Â