Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Sorry Mods, but i could not find the thread, so merge if it still exists 8)

For me, the shining light in a pretty dire team performance. Showed some real neat touches, and you know what?

I think weve got a gem 8)

100% agree!

I would go as far a to say after Given and Bent his name should be next on the team sheet.

Very impressive even if it were for 15mins, F'eck I hope you took note.

he looked good and seems to have a football brain. lets hope he comes good because we seem very short of anyone with a clever head in the middle of the park who will keep hold of the ball, makoun can shift it with purpose but having someone keep it and move it cleverly is something we need.

Gardner looked good Today! A decent first appearance for the first team, if non-competetive.

He's an odd one though. He's a strapping lad, looks good in the tackle, has good vision and can pass... do we shove him in a central midfield 2 or 3?

Makoun, Gardner & Delph would be a good central midfield in the future, imo.

seemed to have the abilty to make forward passes into dangerous areas too. ,ore importantly though he got the ball forward quickly and showed he had good vision.

Much much better prospect than fabian delph

won a free kick as soon as he came on and wanted to get the ball straight down quickly to take it if anything was on to catch chelsea players sleeping....very intelligent for a young lad, should definitely play some part against derby for me.....high hopes indeed

Really dont see the fuss with Delph. Premier League seems too much for him.. he thinks he has more time on the ball than he does.. potential is there.. needs to up the tempo in his game.. do everything quicker.

Gardner and Makoun came on against chelsea and for once we had players PRESSING against their midfielders.. petrov delph ireland were backing off and letting them dictate the play.

Gardner looked confident composed.. pressed well.. really put himself about physically. Future star.

Â