Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

This might have been done before but can't remember...

If you could find out the age you were going to die (not the exact date or reason) would you want to know? 

No.

If you could see glimpses of your life in the future with both the good and bad shit that will happen..  would you want to know?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

If you could find out the age you were going to die (not the exact date or reason) would you want to know? 

You’ve been watching Logan’s Run again, haven’t you?

Bit of a cop out but if I knew the answer was going to be 80+ years or something like that, then yeah I think I would be tempted to find out.

Get my affairs in order/have an Anna Nicole Smith style marriage before checking out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No.

If you could see glimpses of your life in the future with both the good and bad shit that will happen..  would you want to know?

I wouldn't want to see glimpses. Just the age I was going to check out 

If it was 57 for example then I wouldn't want to work until 55!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don’t think I would

10 hours ago, Xela said:

md30331172487.jpg

When you’ve parked in a car park where you pay when you’re ready to leave, at one of those machines on the way back to your car....how quickly do you have to get in your car and get out of the car park before incurring some additional cost?

23 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

When you’ve parked in a car park where you pay when you’re ready to leave, at one of those machines on the way back to your car....how quickly do you have to get in your car and get out of the car park before incurring some additional cost?

15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

15 minutes.

So hypothetically, if it took me 16 minutes to eventually drive round to the ticket barrier thing to leave...what would happen? Get told that I have to pay for another hour or something?

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Mine would be very soon, because the mere act of knowing would make me want to mess with the matrix.  "Looks like I've got ten invincible years to play with the cars on the motorway".

Select username, Max(AgeofDeath) from people where username = "BOF"

No motorway stuff becasue it messes with everyone else's countdown in their car if you see what I mean?  

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So hypothetically, if it took me 16 minutes to eventually drive round to the ticket barrier thing to leave...what would happen? Get told that I have to pay for another hour or something?

I'd say it would be something like this...

S8-H9p.gif.447b12b9f35c041c58e90085292902c6.gif

Edited by Designer1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not what you asked, but I know you get 15 minutes free at Russell's Hall hospital and when I had to take my son in for a quick appointment, it was 16 minutes by the time I got back to the machine to pay. I still think about what my life would be like now if I still had that shiny £2 coin.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

1) typically 10-15 mins depends from place to place

2) If you owed money it wouldn't let you out

The real problem these days comes with ANPR controlled car parks

• Thanks 1

I'd love to know when I'd die.  I'm not scared of dying, but I worry how I'd get to that point.  Like Cancer or something annoying.. 

You could do everything and plan and stuff.  It'd be great.  

The problem with not knowing is you kinda feel you've an infinite amount of time to reach certain goals.  Quantifying is something I'd find comforting. 

It's all about the quality of life, not the quantity. 

• Like 2

How people have the courage to up sticks and move to a country where they cant speak the language. Hats off to them.

OH is pushing me to move to her home country but learning the language absolutely terrifies me plus I've always thought I'd only move abroad to go to the other side of the world. Tokyo has always been my dream or Hawaii. Not Poland. The other factor is being a brit living abroad in eastern europe, I'd be scared of the locals hating/resenting me, especially now with the Brexit situation.

Fair play to those that manage it.

Moved to Germany 3 months ago

Work is in English so that's ok, you miss the craic though which is hard, when people stand around talking shit about their weekend it's in German 

Learning the language is shit, schools are a mixture of horrifically expensive or inconvenient times

Finding stuff to do and make friends etc is hard, joined a football team hoping that helps, haven't got kids which in 1 way is good but at the same time I think is the easiest way of changing circles, you definitely need some sort of sport or music or something you do that others can take interest in and know you for (same everywhere I guess) there are a couple of guys in my office who every week were asking did I watch Liverpool  did I watch utd, did I watch city and I didn't because I'm not interested in them, they don't know villa so hopefully next season that changes, they know who I support but next season will understand it and be able to talk about it

You seriously don't realise how bad English weather is until you leave :lol:

Edited by villa4europe

On 02/07/2019 at 16:34, lapal_fan said:

I'd love to know when I'd die.  I'm not scared of dying, but I worry how I'd get to that point.  Like Cancer or something annoying.. 

You could do everything and plan and stuff.  It'd be great.  

The problem with not knowing is you kinda feel you've an infinite amount of time to reach certain goals.  Quantifying is something I'd find comforting. 

It's all about the quality of life, not the quantity. 

I see your point, although I’d be scared to find out. I’ve read articles on people who have terminal cancer and some feel blessed that they know when they are going to die, and now have the privilege to get things in order and do things they want to do. The saying goes live every day as it’s your last, but imo that’s not reality.   I’m kind of like you where as im not scared of being dead, but bothered more about how I will die. This is why money doesn’t bother me much. It’s handy to have a bit in the bank, but why obsess about it, and why kill your self chasing it. All I want out of life is to live to a decent age, and that my family do the same. Wealthy is being healthy .

31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

How people have the courage to up sticks and move to a country where they cant speak the language. Hats off to them.

OH is pushing me to move to her home country but learning the language absolutely terrifies me plus I've always thought I'd only move abroad to go to the other side of the world. Tokyo has always been my dream or Hawaii. Not Poland. The other factor is being a brit living abroad in eastern europe, I'd be scared of the locals hating/resenting me, especially now with the Brexit situation.

Fair play to those that manage it.

you're only really resented in Eastern Europe if you are Romanian / Gypsy  ... I lived in Hungary for a while , they loved the Brits then and still do now and if you learn a few words of the lingo they love you even more   ... most of them don't give a chuff about Brexit  , they aint going to be chasing you with pitchforks so move away  and enjoy the ride and cheap beer

• Like 1

Â