Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 18/07/2019 at 20:56, Shropshire Lad said:

“In yo face Boulton & Watt” would be my guess.

(I actually didn’t know those two were on the current £50 note, I assumed it was still the portly glumness of Houblon....shows how often I see that denomination)

Then I am opposed to the change, on principle. I want the Brummie lad kept on there. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BOF said:

I watched the imitation game the other day and did my usual read up on the events afterwards ( fact checking ftw ) 

There is a case that he didn’t commit suicide 

the Apple next to his bed was never even tested for cyanide and there was no note , indeed the only note found was a to do list for the next day or two

he had however been working with cyanide and may have accidentally poisoned himself 

Guess we will never know for sure 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

There's always the third possibility that he may have been bumped off.

The lack of autopsy and false rumours about him being depressed etc could certainly substantiate the notion of it 

Wonder if any Russians were visiting Wilmslow cathedral in June 54 :) 

Edited by tonyh29

It's the classic elephant in the room, that one. We know a few childless couples, but we simply do NOT ask whether that was by choice or circumstance. 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Did the Mericans really walk on the moon in 69. I love a good conspiracy theory.

The moon and JFK blow everything else out of the water for me, JFK I've read a lot on and can really really see it* the moon I've not educated myself on but still like to believe it

*if the north Koreans stuck a nuke on Cuba tomorrow and America didn't go to war what do you think the opinion of trump would be?

I can never decide if people are having a currently fashionable chat around the idea. Not really believing it, but talking it through out of interest for the various bits n bobs of conspiracy theory.

Or whether they actually genuinely believe it could be a fake. In which case, I have to self censor.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I can never decide if people are having a currently fashionable chat around the idea. Not really believing it, but talking it through out of interest for the various bits n bobs of conspiracy theory.

Or whether they actually genuinely believe it could be a fake. In which case, I have to self censor.

The interest in it for me comes purely from the cold war angle and if the yanks really were that desperate to get one over on them 

Think the reflection And discussion on the cold war isn't where it could be in this country, it's fascinating 

Â