Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If there was no spam,  pop ups, fake emails,  fake profiles, fake news or constant malicious attacks on PC's   

What if the internet is squeaky clean ?  

I wonder what it would be like to a) use and b) speed increase for all ? 

(I guess it's permanently in 2nd or 3rd gear as the usage and rubbish fills any overall increase in the system ?)

If only there was a website which you use every day where you could test it out...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Mistake, you've just let them know you still exist and are active on that email. Just block sender and be done with it

But they're often from companies I do want to get emails from, just not these generic marketing emails.

2 hours ago, bickster said:
2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But they're often from companies I do want to get emails from, just not these generic marketing emails.

Ah, you're buggered then

100% agree there,  as @bickster has alluded to,  there is no way back now,  no matter what anyone else says.

You know Reggie Perrin & the beech thing,  that,  it's the only way.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, limpid said:
3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If there was no spam,  pop ups, fake emails,  fake profiles, fake news or constant malicious attacks on PC's   

What if the internet is squeaky clean ?  

I wonder what it would be like to a) use and b) speed increase for all ? 

(I guess it's permanently in 2nd or 3rd gear as the usage and rubbish fills any overall increase in the system ?)

If only there was a website which you use every day where you could test it out...

image.png.140d18893060dc62b735842e6e7c4c25.png

• Haha 1

OK,  this is a real one.

What is the maximum length of a ski jump where the jumpee can still survive and get a jolly good score to boot.

They land on a slope so it should all be good.  I will feel a fool if we have had this before.

20 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

OK,  this is a real one.

What is the maximum length of a ski jump where the jumpee can still survive and get a jolly good score to boot.

They land on a slope so it should all be good.  I will feel a fool if we have had this before.

Impossible to answer as all the hills are different. For example, the record in "Lugnet" Sweden which has Olympic sized hills, is 105 meters. If you go to Vikersundbakken in Norway the record is 254 meters, aka Ski flying.

All in all, the competitors are out of their **** minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the current official record (there have been longer jumps by 1 meter or so with a fall), the red zone is the "safe" landing part :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:
3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I will feel a fool

Surely this type of service is available for you at De Wallen?

Ha ha,  really good knowledge on Amsterdam,  one could say a little too good. 

It's just for Tourists tbf.

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Ha ha,  really good knowledge on Amsterdam,  one could say a little too good. 

It's just for Tourists tbf.

One European city I've never been to, closest I've been is Rotterdam in 82 and if you think I can remember much about that day, you're impression of me is far too generous

• Haha 1

On 26/06/2019 at 15:21, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

OK,  this is a real one.

Never mind that, watch this: https://youtu.be/YP32iWoqjnQ

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never mind that, watch this: https://youtu.be/YP32iWoqjnQ

It's a bit mad 😃 and it cannot be good for you either.  It's a heavy heavy parachute landing every go by the looks of it.  😃

On the other hand,  climbing poles in a flat country surrounded by rising water is thinking ahead i suppose.

On 26/06/2019 at 15:45, Tegis said:

Impossible to answer as all the hills are different. For example, the record in "Lugnet" Sweden which has Olympic sized hills, is 105 meters. If you go to Vikersundbakken in Norway the record is 254 meters, aka Ski flying.

All in all, the competitors are out of their **** minds.

That's really cool, along with the video, but I think AND was getting at whether there was a limit to how far the skier could jump before it became fatal.

Like if the slope was endless would they theoretically be able to go forever and survive the landing when they eventually touched down?

Or is there a point where, regardless of the sloped landing, they'd be killed.

If he didn't mean this then I'm not sure what it says about my mind :D 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's really cool, along with the video, but I think AND was getting at whether there was a limit to how far the skier could jump before it became fatal.

Like if the slope was endless would they theoretically be able to go forever and survive the landing when they eventually touched down?

Or is there a point where, regardless of the sloped landing, they'd be killed.

If he didn't mean this then I'm not sure what it says about my mind :D 

:DThere must be some sort of equation involving bone-density, muscle-mass, speed, landing-angle, snow-density and lunacy to show this.

• Like 1

This might have been done before but can't remember...

If you could find out the age you were going to die (not the exact date or reason) would you want to know? 

Just now, Xela said:

This might have been done before but can't remember...

If you could find out the age you were going to die (not the exact date or reason) would you want to know? 

No thanks. 

Â