Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I kind of get your point, if you see one of those coke machines in burger king there are more flavours than we have but they did the raspberry one here too on a limited run and we have cherry, peach, mango, vanilla, strawberry cokes, ginger and cherry pepsi max* (they have none of that here in germany, they do however have mezzo mix which is really popular, basically orange coke)

not a clue why you cant get proper fanta limon anywhere but sunny places in Europe though and fanta also need to do the grape flavor everywhere, they also need to bring back still fanta

* not sure if they are testing the market following the sugar tax and trying to sneak in coke zero sales, all of the flavoured stuff is diet or zero (maybe a few cherry coke full fat still knocking about)

• Like 1

I'm just glad we can buy peach flavour faze tea now instead of having it limited to just the drinks machine at five guys burger places. It's amazing. 

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Why the soft drink selection is so much more limited here than in America.

It seems that Pepsi Max have a newly released flavour including Raspberry and its bloody lovely. I noticed that Coke have also released one themselves so obviously one of them has prompted the other to release the alternative - why not just release it in the first place?

My only conclusion is that because the UK is a smaller market they don't want to dilute their market share across many different flavours unless someone else knows any different?

I'd love it to be like in Japan where you have vending machines on every street corner with every flavour under the sun of every type of drink imaginable 

The mixing up of flavours baffles me. Fanta is orange and solely orange. I don’t want to taste a fanta that tastes of anything but orange. The same I don’t want a coke to taste of cherry or vanilla. I rarely have fizzy pop nowadays though. 

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think there are far too many fizzy drinks as it is. Coke/Pepsi, lemonade, ginger beer. That's all you really need. They're the sort of thing I drink as an occasional treat - maybe once or twice a year, on a hot sunny day. I find it sickening to see people filling their weekly shopping trolleys with litre bottles of the stuff. Junk addiction. 

90% of the time I only drink the sugar free versions, most of them taste almost as good as the sugar alternatives now.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Having different flavours doesn't stop you buying orange fanta or normal cola. Also, different choices doesn't stop you from not buying in the first place. 

• Like 1

You know how, after being a couple for any decent chunk of time, people start asking when you're planning to have kids?  Then you tell them you don't actually want kids, and invariably you get the "Ah... you'll change your mind!" response.

When will it be acceptable to for me to say the exact same thing to people who've just announced that they're expecting?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its been dethroned by the Raspberry version I'm afraid.

Yeah I haven't tried that yet, but see no reason whY i wouldn't enjoy it.

I tried both the mango and peach version of Coca Cola and they weren't for me

8 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

You know how, after being a couple for any decent chunk of time, people start asking when you're planning to have kids?  Then you tell them you don't actually want kids, and invariably you get the "Ah... you'll change your mind!" response.

I hate this.

I mean, I probably will change my mind. But it still pisses me off

I considered it might be for the "piss you off" thread rather than this one.

"When are you going to start a family?" is possibly worse, because obviously my wife and I don't consider ourselves a proper family without a sprog, nosiree.  Or when it's not "you'll change your mind" but "she'll change her mind", especially from someone who's never met my wife and doesn't know the first thing about her, much less that her words on the subject verbatim are "I'm not tearing my vagina in half just to piss all the money I'll ever earn away".

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I haven't tried that yet, but see no reason whY i wouldn't enjoy it. 

I tried both the mango and peach version of Coca Cola and they weren't for me

Same, they taste too artificial for me although they do mix ok with a Rum.

The Raspberry just works for some reason.

Is there a time of year when all of your preferences regarding mailing lists and that kind of thing reset and companies are free to send you a load of shit again? And is that period right now?

Every time I get a mailing list email or spam I make a point of unsubscribing. So I don't get a lot. But every now and then I seem to get a flurry of emails from mailing lists I'm positive I've unsubscribed to previously.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Every time I get a mailing list email or spam I make a point of unsubscribing.

Mistake, you've just let them know you still exist and are active on that email. Just block sender and be done with it

If there was no spam,  pop ups, fake emails,  fake profiles, fake news or constant malicious attacks on PC's   

What if the internet is squeaky clean ?  

I wonder what it would be like to a) use and b) speed increase for all ? 

(I guess it's permanently in 2nd or 3rd gear as the usage and rubbish fills any overall increase in the system ?)

Â