Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Just now, villa4europe said:

The interest in it for me comes purely from the cold war angle and if the yanks really were that desperate to get one over on them 

Think the reflection And discussion on the cold war isn't where it could be in this country, it's fascinating 

So, for clarity, are you saying you genuinely believe it might be a fake?

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, for clarity, are you saying you genuinely believe it might be a fake?

No

What I'm saying is that from a cold war space race perspective I like the idea that they had the motive to fake it, that's the interest for me, not some kid on YouTube pulling science out of his ass, the history element of it is what makes the conspiracy theory worth investing time in to

Same with JFK 

Edit: and fwiw I think the cold war angle answers the laziest conspiracy theorist question - why has no one done it since / why has no one else ever done it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Did the Mericans really walk on the moon in 69. I love a good conspiracy theory.

Yes. They did. 

100%

there is literally no question that they did. 

One of my favourite threads ever on VT was debunking the moon landing conspiracy. Sadly it got lost to time. 

But basically yes. They absolutely did walk on the moon. There is no conspiracy theory around it that can’t be easily debunked. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No

What I'm saying is that from a cold war space race perspective I like the idea that they had the motive to fake it, that's the interest for me, not some kid on YouTube pulling science out of his ass, the history element of it is what makes the conspiracy theory worth investing time in to

Same with JFK 

Edit: and fwiw I think the cold war angle answers the laziest conspiracy theorist question - why has no one done it since / why has no one else ever done it

The Cold War angle helps to debunk whether it was a hoax full stop. 

If the Americans faked it, the soviets would have been the first people to blow the whistle. Yet they never did. 

It 100% happened. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â