Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

• 5 weeks later...

thanks for keeping us up in 2010/11 but sadly it didnt work out for both parties

we would have been better just paying Sunderland 10 million for a 6 month loan :P

Successive shite managerial appointments ruined this bloke.

Houllier had him banging them in as we expected from a natural goalscorer like Bent

THEN...
McLeish had us playing his patented 8-1-1 and then Paul Lambert put the nail in the coffin by just boying him off completely...

Lambert has a lot to answer for for the way that Bent was treated

• Like 1

Good luck Darren, has always been complimentary about the club despite his treatment at times.

Was just on talk sport, reckons Vlaar is being disrespectful to Villa by calling them a small club.

• Like 1

Good luck Darren, has always been complimentary about the club despite his treatment at times.

Was just on talk sport, reckons Vlaar is being disrespectful to Villa by calling them a small club.

Yet some on here will continue to throw insults at Bent.

Yes but turning up to training looking like Sherman Klump while pocketing £70k wasn't.

The BBC Football site reports that he has posted the following on instagram "Thank you to the fans who have stuck by me through hard times. It has been a pleasure to play for you," He scored goals to keep us up and that is why we signed him. We sold the players that fed him and failed to replace them and then asked why he was no longer scoring for us. Derby will play to his strengths and he will repay them with goals. Good luck to Darren and thanks for leaving us with some style. 

• Like 1

His one in three goal ratio for Villa was pretty consistent with the rest of his career, even England, and he certainly helped keep Villa in the Prem, but he was never going to do the graft and link-up play Lambert demanded - even Benteke struggled to do that.

When he failed to rip up the lucrative contract he'd tricked Villa into signing, a lot of fans decided he was a bum, but he definitely kept his dignity and respect for the club.

His treatment and the rest of the bomb squad definitely revealed what a bunch of shysters we have running the club.

So good luck to him.

• Like 1

I read a fact somewhere ages ago that said the average goal ratio for the European Golden Boot winner is 1 in 3 so I've always considered that a good goalscoring ratio. I could be very incorrect on that though

Â