Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Because he's a striker.

There's a HUGE difference between what Benteke gives and what Bent does. I'm sure you know that already though :)

I asked a couple of pages back, what is the suggestion here? That Bent plays next to Benteke I assume?

With recent Sherwood quotes. Maybe this should be put back in the villa section.

Recent quotes that he won't be training with the team?

Sherwood said he didn't need to take a look at Bent in training because he knew exactly what he's capable of, but he wasn't familiar with the younger players who were being brought back. Pretty ambiguous, as "I know all about Darren Bent" could be both positive and negative for the player, but I wouldn't rule out a return. I think Bent would score a hatful under Sherwood. I think most forwards would TBH.

With recent Sherwood quotes. Maybe this should be put back in the villa section.

Recent quotes that he won't be training with the team?

This thread should be set on fire.

Erm, no mate. Sherwood has said more on it since. There does seem a chance from his recent quotes that he'll offer Bent a new contract.

“There’s a decision to be made over Darren and he’s certainly someone that will be considered,” he said.

"The way the conversation with Randy will probably go is: 'I think we need another striker and I know this boy and he is available. Do we take a gamble on someone else or do we bring him back?'

"That's my decision and I'm sure Randy will say: 'That's what you get paid for, that's your decision.'

"I will have a chat with Darren but we need to stay in the Premier League first.

"There's a decision to be made but I can do that over a four-year memory period at Tottenham. If you look at his goalscoring record it is right up there with anyone.

"Is he going to go to a bigger club than Aston Villa? We have that on our side.”

Sherwood clearly likes him and would've recalled him if it wasn't a fixed loan but I think he's done at prem level now so think this would be an error.

Given the way Bacuna is crossing the ball these days Kozak can be our super sub next season pinching late goals off the bench.

Â