Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He's also got 0 in 3 this season and missed several sitters last night that even Gabby would've scored. Considering he's a "goalscorer", he was pretty woeful at it last night.

Same as Rooney, clearly not good enough for the premier league ;D

He's also got 0 in 3 this season and missed several sitters last night that even Gabby would've scored. Considering he's a "goalscorer", he was pretty woeful at it last night.

Same as Rooney, clearly not good enough for the premier league ;D

tbf, I think it could be the season that Rooney's long career catches up with him, he's been playing constantly since he was 16, and it's starting to show a bit. Plus, the longer it takes him to score, the more frustrated he gets, and it's always fun to watch a frustrated Rooney play :P

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

10 goals in 15 appearances last year for them, but yeah championship is clearly beyond him. See some are still obsessed.

Got his move now though hasn't he.........

Plus last season he got those goals in a side that was largely at the top of its game, enjoying large amounts of possession and creating chances. Now he is in a side that is struggling, not controlling possession or games and not creating the same number of chances and as a result he contributes the square route of knob all.

I still think Lambert was right about Bent.

I still think when you're the worst at something, in the entire history of the club, then you should try all options to rectify it.

Doesn't matter now though, Bent's done, not many players have dropped as quickly as he did.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I criticized Lambert for a lot of his things he did here but removing Bent from picture was not one of them, the days of the goal poacher are gone even Defoe has had to adapt his game to still play in top flight

Why has the days of the goal poacher gone? Surely if a player can get you 20 league goals a season then thats more valuable than a player who will get you 8 but will contribute more off the ball. His record in goals per game were up there with the best at one time, unfortunately Lambert killed his career. That period in the wilderness meant he never got his goal scoring knack back

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why has the days of the goal poacher gone? Surely if a player can get you 20 league goals a season then thats more valuable than a player who will get you 8 but will contribute more off the ball. His record in goals per game were up there with the best at one time, unfortunately Lambert killed his career. That period in the wilderness meant he never got his goal scoring knack back

Nothing to do with turning up to pre season looking Steve Harvey on a binge?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

strikers have to be more all around players these days and link the play and if honest how many natural strikers are still about that are top class. Aguero, Suarez and Lewandowski is only 3 that I can actually think of

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

strikers have to be more all around players these days and link the play and if honest how many natural strikers are still about that are top class. Aguero, Suarez and Lewandowski is only 3 that I can actually think of

Yes and certainly Suarez does a lot more than just score goals. Kane is close to top class now I think. 

On 26/02/2016 at 19:58, PaulC said:

Why has the days of the goal poacher gone?

Top teams realised highpress/gegenpressing is super important for attack/defence and  having a guy whos just a poacher (or target man e.g. bony/benteke) results in less effective press overall so less control of the game. Which then filters down to lower quality top teams trying to implement similar features. Poacher still useful for lower quality teams who rely on less pressin, deeper back line and more crosses. 

Edited by gharperr

Â