Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

What's bent done to us to make people enjoy him doing badly?

Been shite for the last 3 seasons whilst picking up £60k+ pw in wages. The way he couldn't wait to mouth off to the media about the club when he joined Derby. The time when he was injured during our relegation battle under McLeish and decided shopping was more productive than supporting his team mates. Apart from his first 6 months, just generally being a drag on the club really.

• Like 2

What's bent done to us to make people enjoy him doing badly?

Been shite for the last 3 seasons whilst picking up £60k+ pw in wages. The way he couldn't wait to mouth off to the media about the club when he joined Derby. The time when he was injured during our relegation battle under McLeish and decided shopping was more productive than supporting his team mates. Apart from his first 6 months, just generally being a drag on the club really.

Plenty of players have been shite during the Lambert era and its hardly his fault he's paid that much.

And he didn't mouth off at the club, he mouthed off at Lambert and said he hoped we stayed up IIRC.

Came back in pre-season looking like Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor whilst robbing this club blind.

Came on in several games, notable Southampton at home where we binned the lead and clearly had no interest in putting in a performance.

If he had beef with Lambert then that's too bad, you play for the shirt, you put in a performance, and earn your wages.

I despise him.

10 goals in 14 games, but yeah they clearly would have made the play offs if that word removed Bent didn't play for them :rolleyes:

People not rating him, fair enough but I don't get the intensity of the personal hatred, at all.

• Like 2

10 goals in 14 games, but yeah they clearly would have made the play offs if that word removed Bent didn't play for them :rolleyes:

People not rating him, fair enough but I don't get the intensity of the personal hatred, at all.

I can understand not really rating him, but truly enjoying him failing is so weird.

Came back in pre-season looking like Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor whilst robbing this club blind.

Came on in several games, notable Southampton at home where we binned the lead and clearly had no interest in putting in a performance.

If he had beef with Lambert then that's too bad, you play for the shirt, you put in a performance, and earn your wages.

I despise him.

A lot of players appeared not to be putting a shift in under Lambert

I think Bent is bad for a team, and I'm not surprised that Derby nose dived since he arrived at the club. 10 goals in 14 masks how it's like playing with 10 men with him up front.

I'm not sure people are enjoying Bent doing badly, but I do think some people feel justified in their opinion that Bent is not a good player, and that he would not have been a better option up front than Weimann or Gabby when we looked doomed. Some posters would not accept that his goals tally was not indicative of his overall value to the team, and similarly talked in circles about how his record would transfer to the Premier League if we brought him back.

Yes it might be the Ibe thing, but I just think Darren Bent is like one of those old guns that you had to fill with gun powder for each shot. Maybe useful back then, but not really what you want to be going into battle with in 2015.

• Like 2

I'm not sure people are enjoying Bent doing badly, but I do think some people feel justified in their opinion that Bent is not a good player, and that he would not have been a better option up front than Weimann or Gabby when we looked doomed.

Scoring goals at a very good rate justified the decision not to play him when we were one of the worst scoring sides in Europe. That seems strange logic.

yes but he has scored goals for Derby but by looks of it the team had to be re-assembled around his style and in the process they went from top of table to out of the play-offs in a few months.

Which is typical Bent, he will score goals but he is detrimental to the team. Lambert was many things but this was one of his good decisions

• Like 2

My Derby supporting mate blames the defence...

What would your Derby supporting mate know about his own team? Everyone knows its Bent's fault. 

• Like 4

Â