Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

45 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Nice to completely agree with you for a change!

Benteke was fantastic, but Lambert just seemed to have it in for Bent from day 1. His goals pretty much kept us up 2 seasons running.

Lambert wasnt keen on any senior players. Given, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Bent, Hutton, Nzogbia were all quickly sold or never featured under him 

my memory of darren bent will be him being the only villa player in the opponents half and having 40 - 60 yard balls smashed about 3 foot over head and several fans around me shouting "jump for it you lazy bastard"

and do what mate? jump 10 ft in the air, chest it down, beat 5 players and score? he didn't stand a chance, looked lost

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my memory of darren bent will be him being the villa player in the opponents half and having 40 - 60 yard balls smashed about 3 foot over head and several fans around me shouting "jump for it you lazy bastard"

and do what mate? jump 10 ft in the air, chest it down, beat 5 players and score? he didn't stand a chance, looked lost

Was completely wasted after 2010/11. We were set up perfectly for him before then.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lambert wasnt keen on any senior players. Given, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Bent, Hutton, Nzogbia were all quickly sold or never featured under him 

I think orders from the top to get rid of them all because of the ridiculously high wages. 

Lambert was just a yes man that took the job for the money.  He was desperate for the sack by the team it finally happened.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think orders from the top to get rid of them all because of the ridiculously high wages. 

Lambert was just a yes man that took the job for the money.  He was desperate for the sack by the team it finally happened.

"The chairman has been good to me".

Same as Garde. Arrived all enthusiastic, the the time this place had taken it's toll on him he looked a broken man and couldn't even be arsed doing another interview before resigning.

Â