Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Benteke, in a bad spell, injured, return from injury, struggling with form and then starting to smash them in against PL defences is being compared with an over the hill journeyman who is having a slightly above average season against very very average defences in the championship.

Only on VT! Never change....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They can't play. This was confirmed yesterday regarding Gardner et al. Bent wasn't even mentioned.

I imagine he will be told to take the rest of the season off. Bringing somebody who has no future at the club in to the fold at this point, when he cannot play, would be a risk IMO. One I think Sherwood is unlikely to take.

If Derby fail to qualify for the playoffs, could Darren Bent play for us again this season?

Possibly in the league unless he was removed from the 25 man list in January. Cup-tied for the final though.

What's the suggestion here?

I wouldn't put it past Sherwood to utilise him if he thought it was the right decision. I simply don't think he should, will, or that he needs to. Scoring goals is not an issue for us, carrying a dead weight would be.

He would not fit at all.

• Like 1

Â