Alan Hutton

Rich_D

On 27/01/2018 at 01:43, briny_ear said:

Alan Hutton scores the goal that secures our promotion back to the Premier League!

You read It here first!

Hopefully it will be a fantastic comedy goal.

Up for a last minute corner, Slips over and does an accidental overhead kick into the top corner. If it could somehow hit Terrys arse somewhere along the way it would be even better.

• Haha 1

So after 5 years I start to like the guy, I no longer have to watch him lump endless ball down the line to nobody, I don't have to watch him sprint 100 yards down the touchline and lose the ball, I don't have to watch him swing cross after cross out for a throw in or goal kick.

I finally start getting on board with the Hutton love in....and he is getting released?!

XIA OUT!

• Haha 2

Poor decision IMO, his performances over the last 12 months have deserved at least a 1 year extension.

If we do go up he may not be good enough to start in the Pl but is a very competent backup option.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just popped into this thread, page 3-1 is posters saying how much they love him then you come on to page 302 its said his contract wont be renewed and most are happy! talk about divided opinion! 

I think a lot of the love is for his character rather than his ability. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I just popped into this thread, page 3-1 is posters saying how much they love him then you come on to page 302 its said his contract wont be renewed and most are happy! talk about divided opinion! 

Alan ‘the prophet’ Hutton, does not need a contract he plays when he wants. Contracts in the past where just for us mortals to make sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would have given him a 1 year extension even if promoted as he would be a reasonable backup, plus for the sake of continuity and experience in the squad. Not going to lose any sleep over it though. Thanks for the effort and being a pretty decent LB this season, Alan.

• Like 1

Not exactly the way to instil confidence in a player when you might need him to help you gain promotion. With that in mind the source is probably talking bollocks.

• Like 1

Really think we should put on hold any contract talks with fringe players until we know what league we will be playing in.

If that means some sign for other clubs, so be it.

Pretty sure that is what the club is doing as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Not exactly the way to instil confidence in a player when you might need him to help you gain promotion. With that in mind the source is probably talking bollocks.

Agreed nothing to see here - their should be no contract talks until we see what division we are in and I take this with a pinch of salt .

Â