Alan Hutton

Rich_D

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I just popped into this thread, page 3-1 is posters saying how much they love him then you come on to page 302 its said his contract wont be renewed and most are happy! talk about divided opinion! 

It ain't really divided.

I would say he is very effective at this level at the new found left back, but we've been fooled before.

I feel the timing of it has not been ideal in announcing it though and prob something I would lesve until the end of the season before discussing.

I hope Agbonlahor has been given the same news.

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It ain't really divided.

I would say he is very effective at this level at the new found left back, but we've been fooled before.

I feel the timing of it has not been ideal in announcing it though and prob something I would lesve until the end of the season before discussing.

Where was it announced ?

Edited by Eastie

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In the top corner, at the Holte, to send the heathens home with their tails between their legs. 

Unfortunately then is not the time my brother. Patience.

He will score but only when the numbers align and automatic promotion is a certainty. Maybe against Derby, but the prophecy is not clear.

Then he will transcend only to be seen again when mankind needs him the most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It ain't really divided.

If you don't want to give the player a contract, you have to tell him straight away. He will be loyal- if he is that type. Alan is.

• Like 1

Don't want him to sign a new contract. He'll be 34 next season. I've probably been one of his harshest critics and he's definitely stuffed some of the hyperbole down our throats with some of his performances this year. To suggest he doesn't deserve the left back berth right now would be churlish. Hardly an ageing diamond like Terry though. And it's not like (when he hasn't got a new contract to earn) that most of the criticism was totally justified at the time. New LB is one of the first things we'll need to address in the summer. Nice not to have the worries we had about it at the start of the season though and I hope he can keep this up.

Been one of our most consistent performers over the last 5 games.

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Strange one,

He's seen off Richards, RDL and Bree for RB position and even seen off Taylor for the LB position! 

Its amazing isnt it. I am sure there were more he saw off before them too?

Anyway.. i think if we do go up.. then we need a new LB. 

11 minutes ago, KSV said:

Its amazing isnt it. I am sure there were more he saw off before them too?

Anyway.. i think if we do go up.. then we need a new LB. 

Yup, Don't say much for Taylor

If the player who is playing out of position is keeping you out of your position but being let go! 

Just now, Kingman said:

Yup, Don't say much for Taylor

If the player who is playing out of position is keeping you out of your position but being let go! 

worked out well in the end. I figured we needed a LB to back up Taylor. But if we go up Taylor can be a back up to our new LB. 

We are going to be 3-0 against Derby final home game of the season. Automatic promotion already secure.

We are going to win a penalty, and up will step Hutton. The crowd are giddy with excitement. " Come on Alan." "Yes Alan, son. You've got this."  "Break the back of the net Alan." You can sense the love and affection billowing down from the stands.
I wipe a tear from my eye, 5 years of heartbreak. 7 years of underachievement and despair, all of which Hutton has been there with us. It is great that he is here for this in the final minute, that he is the man to banish these ghosts with one swing of his right boot and sign off in style.

Naturally, the penalty  will end up in L5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/30/2018 at 16:25, striker said:

Not exactly the way to instil confidence in a player when you might need him to help you gain promotion. With that in mind the source is probably talking bollocks.

Yeah, I hope this is not true. Why would you risk alianating him now? I don't buy it.

Â