Alan Hutton

Rich_D

21 minutes ago, vreitti said:

No he's not. He's earning the right to be in the first eleven. I've always liked "Hutton the defender", but if/when we go up he's surely surplus to requirements.

Conversely, i have not always like Hutton in terms of his play, his attitude yes.

But, with form like this ,anything can happen.

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Imagine the scenes when he scores the winner at Wembley to send us up

Imagine the scenes when he scores the winner to secure the 3 points which guarantee automatic promotion? 

A scenario I would much prefer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What surprises me is his pace for a bloke of his age. He's still pretty damn quick with the ball at his feet.

He's only 32 and he's got a very professional attitude to fitness/training/keeping himself in good shape, by the looks of things. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2017 at 11:56, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been brilliant this season. I wanted him gone in the summer but he just seems to keep on going, whether it be at RB or LB. He deserves his place in the team. 

So far most of his performances have been faultless this season.

I agree he deserves his place in the team whether LB or RB, but the question is: Does he deserve a new contract?

I would say yes he does, but only a rolling 1 year contract extension.

This way he will always be kept on his toes in order to gain a further contract extension rather than another 3 year deal where the first two years he seems to play shit, would be a smart and sensible option round it?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If in doubt and under pressure, don't put your foot on the ball, don't take command, don't use your experience and slow the tempo. Don't play an easy pass infield, just get your head down, run 90 yards into the opposition fullback and fall over.

Same old story with Alan when we are not dominating games, bloke plays like an absolute moron.

Â