Alan Hutton

Rich_D

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Played well again tonight and deserves to keep his place. Fair play to him. 

For a second I thought he had done a 2 footed challenge though and was about to get sent off. But nobody made anything of it so I must have just saw it wrong.

Firm but fair I thought. Oviedo certainly felt the effects. Thought he was going to throw up at one point.

On 11/12/2017 at 23:57, HanoiVillan said:

It's no surprise that a majority of fans at the ground like Hutton. This is a club that has been cursed with a surfeit of wage-stealing good-for-nothings in recent years (Ireland, N'Zogbia, late-vintage Gabby, Richards, Lescott, I could go on) and so to see a player obviously give his all and leave it on the pitch every week is a refreshing change. 

I suspect it's not only Bruce who would want someone like Hutton around the squad in this division. 

His work...one on one, is superb

Good game again today. One rubbish cross to no one aside he was solid. His trade mark burst of pace always makes me chuckle as he normally goes inside past 2 or 3 players before winning a freekick.

He seems far more relaxed than he used to and doesn' just clip it down the line when he gets it.

Important part of why we have been winning

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

But he is earning one.....maybe not too long.

No he's not. He's earning the right to be in the first eleven. I've always liked "Hutton the defender", but if/when we go up he's surely surplus to requirements.

• Like 1

Â