Alan Hutton

Rich_D

bit like marmite.....he has his fans and detractors is equal measure.

it depends what you look at, to source your conclusion.

I like his attitude and presence, but not much else sadly.....lacks positional sense, can't cross and loses concentration.....gets turned easy.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I like his attitude and presence, but not much else sadly.....lacks positional sense, can't cross and loses concentration.....gets turned easy.

In other words .........Shyte

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

And he ambles back when out of position, something those who praise his commitment seemingly choose to overlook...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And he ambles back when out of position, something those who praise his commitment seemingly choose to overlook...

I'm not commenting on Hutton, but have you seen Elmohamady 'running' back when caught upfield - he would need to shift up a few gears to reach ambling speed.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Trent, i am really not a great fan of him.

but sometimes a bit of credit does have to be found, when we have players, who show no intention of wanting to play and are just an albatross around our necks.

He is not that.

but if we are to move forward, Alan Hutton sadly is not the future.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Trent, i am really not a great fan of him.

but sometimes a bit of credit does have to be found, when we have players, who show no intention of wanting to play and are just an albatross around our necks.

He is not that.

but if we are to move forward, Alan Hutton sadly is not the future.

Sorry, I don’t see your point. It seems to essentially be I should give him credit for not being Micah Richards.

I actually do give Hutton a huge amount of credit for the professionalism he has shown during his time here, at times it’s been remarkable. I don’t think I’ve ever once heard him complain or questioned his commitment when he has been called upon.

But, I don’t give him much credit for his ability on the pitch which as far as I’m concerned is and always has been extemwly limited.

That there are others worse than him isn’t something to commend him for it is the lament those who went before Bruce for.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Sorry, I don’t see your point. It seems to essentially be I should give him credit for not being Micah Richards.

I actually do give Hutton a huge amount of credit for the professionalism he has shown during his time here, at times it’s been remarkable. I don’t think I’ve ever once heard him complain or questioned his commitment when he has been called upon.

But, I don’t give him much credit for his ability on the pitch which as far as I’m concerned is and always has been extemwly limited.

That there are others worse than him isn’t something to commend him for it is the lament those who went before Bruce for.

Its nothing to commend him for , but in terms of what the club accept from a player, i was trying to offer a bit of balance.

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The funny thing there is ,you say you failed to see my point and then go on to eloquently endorse my point on your second paragraph.

that was the balance i was alluding to.

we seem to agree in everything but translation.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

One of those who will finish football and you'll see him on TV 5 or 6 years somewhere about 6 stone heavier

I doubt that very much as he is known to be one of the fittest players at the club and one of the ones who trains the hardest. He looks after himself and I'd imagine that will continue after he finishes playing as he clearly has the right mentality in terms of keeping himself in peak condition

Â