Alan Hutton

Rich_D

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

better at left back because he isn’t as confident going forward, leaving acres behind him. He sits in position and it makes him a far better defender.

I agree but those 2 runs ! 

Ive never liked him but he looks good at LB

8 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Another bit of good tasting humble pie - today he looked like the promising player Spurs thought they bought.

It’s only taken 10 years or so!! 

He was very impressive at left back last night and at the weekend. He deservedly keeps his place, and should at the weekend. 

Someone made a good point on twitter yesterday that Hutton looks better at LB because he has to come inside and find a pass rather then hit aimless balls long or try and hit a cross and hit the first man. 

The reason he is good at LB is because he doesn't attempt to cross it with his left foot as he knows its his weak foot.  Unfortunately when he played right back he tried to cross with his right foot and hit the first man every time and they broke down his wing then.  He didnt realize that his right foot was weak as well.   

• Haha 1

Just now, sne said:

I have this horrible feeling Bruce will offer him a new contract.

Fair due thou, he did a solid enough job filling in at LB.

Better at left back than he was at right back - if only he possessed that final ball 

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Someone made a good point on twitter yesterday that Hutton looks better at LB because he has to come inside and find a pass rather then hit aimless balls long or try and hit a cross and hit the first man. 

I came into this thread to post the exact same thing.

My pet hate about Hutton is his absolute inability to deliver anything close to a decent final ball. He is genuinely abysmal at it.

It seems that on his left foot he doesn't even try it. which ironically helps him!

Waiting on a Hutton goal at the Hotel end!!

Was watching the game and realised all those dross years of premier league relegation, Hutton is the only survivor who features in our first team.

He's been with the club for quite some time, a top professional, never sulked, moaned to the press, plays with so much heart.

I have a lot of time for Hutton, he made some class interceptions against Preston. Theres nothing wrong with giving him an extension contract, a squad player at the very least. Bags of experience!!

Funnily enough our back four of Elmo, Terry, Chester and Hutton have a huge wealth of premier league experience. Must be one of the reasons for how good we have been at the back this year.

15 hours ago, lexicon said:

Never shies away. I'd put him at RB for the next game and Taylor in at LB. 

I'm notna fan of Hutton and i think his inclusion at LB doesn't help Adomah, but I'd agree that he is probably a better option at RB that Elmo who i think has been awful recently. 

Â