Alan Hutton

Rich_D

19 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Too many trademark aimless high balls lobbed forwards and slightly diagonal but ultimately turfing possession back. I would hope Taylor can come back now.

Taylor gives better balance - Hutton has done well but it’s time to Leave him out 

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yesterday when Terry went off, Hutton could've gone cb and Taylor Lb. would've helped Taylor get match fit and obviously more mobile than samba

Wouldn’t be over surprised to see this happen next game - Bruce is loathe to drop Hutton and shoehorning him in there could be his next move , hopefully not .

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Wouldn’t be over surprised to see this happen next game - Bruce is loathe to drop Hutton and shoehorning him in there could be his next move , hopefully not .

Sorry but that is false. Up until Taylor's suspension Hutton hasn't been playing.

Its not a move I'd do in a starting game, but yesterday, it could've worked without bringing on samba 

I like Hutton....but feel like I shouldn't.

i think he epitimises many players in our squad......good at somethings and not in others.

Edited by TRO

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Sorry but that is false. Up until Taylor's suspension Hutton hasn't been playing.

Its not a move I'd do in a starting game, but yesterday, it could've worked without bringing on samba 

Bruce said himself on Thursday Hutton doesn’t deserve to be left out of the team and in fairness it’s true .

i was not implying favourism to Hutton just the fact Bruce doesn’t feel he doesn’t deserve  be dropped - what happened before Taylor’s suspension is immaterial as Hutton is being judged on current form .

maybe reluctant is a more appropriate word than loathe 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Course he will. It's contract renewal season.  :rolleyes:

I think that’s a bit unfair on Hutton actually. He has been treated quite badly by various managers and the club yet has always given100+% effort and during some of the darker times has looked like the only player who cared. 

OK, he lacks quite a lot on the skill side but I don’t think you can question his consistent effort.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nigel said:

At least with him in the side we look a bit stronger in the squad left back position as we now have a proper left back as back up. 

It's almost genious! 

Let's pray that it is a tactic of putting him in the window for Jan. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Let's pray that it is a tactic of putting him in the window for Jan. 

I think hes proved his value to the squad these last few games. He wont be going anywhere in Jan!

• 2 weeks later...
Â