Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Alan Hutton has only been here when the club has been mostly in crisis, on and off the pitch. He has been the consummate professional. Paul Lambert putting him into the bomb squad seems both baffling and unfair, but he was never any trouble. His attitude has stayed consistently excellent. He hasn’t been the most talented player over this period, but there’s an argument to say his contribution has been better than any other player during his time here. I’m sure there are many examples of better players, Benteke immediately comes to mind, but none that have always given 110%. As someone once said.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

He's not let himself down at left back. Not 1st choice but he has not done himself any harm.

I think he has been very lucky, positioning has been really terrible so he's lucky not to have paid for that. But to be fair has also done some good things too so good to know we have a back up for that position, but let's hope we don't need to use it. 

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think he has been very lucky, positioning has been really terrible so he's lucky not to have paid for that. But to be fair has also done some good things too so good to know we have a back up for that position, but let's hope we don't need to use it. 

But he is not a left back, maybe he is lucky but as he never played there he is learning on the job

Just now, Zatman said:

But he is not a left back, maybe he is lucky but as he never played there he is learning on the job

Hutton's days of learning were over about a decade ago. I am just hoping we need never visit this thread again before the season is over. 

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hutton's days of learning were over about a decade ago. I am just hoping we need never visit this thread again before the season is over. 

Not really. Put any player out of position and they learning

Out of position or not I thought he was dreadful. Bruce's tactics don't help but I am sure he isn't instructing Hutton to everytime he gets the ball just smack it 70 yards and hope it lands with 20ft of Kodjia, more often than not failing. Kind of impossible to build anything from the back with a player of this calibre. He brings the whole side down.

How many times the past 3 games has he took a free kick in our half and the ball has sailed through to their goalkeeper?

He is bloody awful and the day he gets released I am going to dance a merry jig. House party at my place, you're all invited.

15 hours ago, poitier said:

I think he did ok again considering Jota was their danger man. His forward play was generally poor, did nearly create a goal for Davis though.

As the commentator's mentioned yesterday, Jota having to turn inside played to our/his strengths (being right-footed) which was a bonus. I thought he was fine though, no complaints. 

Â