Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I know he sometimes gets some stick on here but he's one of my favourite players. I love his commitment and his beard, if they had a rating for Beard on Football Manager Baker's would be a 20 without doubt!

• Like 1

I thought he looked really good at the start, sad he went off. Overall, though, I'm actually quite glad he's out for the season because he needs to not be rushed back and to heal totally. There does seem to be a danger that his career could be derailed by all of these niggly injuries, which would be such a shame after he's improved so much this season.

The development he and Clark have shown this year has honestly been one of my favourite parts of the season. 

The development he and Clark have shown this year has honestly been one of my favourite parts of the season. 

Clark and Baker are now Premier League players and I think they will get better over the next few seasons. They compliment each other very well. Power and a bit of finess in Clark and Power and Beard in Baker. 

When I first saw him go down I just assumed he'd clashed heads and he went off with concussion so this news is very disappointing.

So we're down to Ron and Okore now and obviously both have had injury issues in their time at the club plus Senderos who hasn't played since November.

Bit of a concern that.

For a man of such impressive physique he is shockingly brittle. I'm not sure that will ever change.

He is, and problem is we cannot have too many players like that if we want to improve. If we continue with this bunch, we need to have five good CBs to get through the season, which means we cannot afford any very good ones. Anyways, I really like Baker and trust him. Just wish he was able to play more.

For a man of such impressive physique he is shockingly brittle. I'm not sure that will ever change.

I think he needs to dial back a little and the injuries will stop coming. He literally throws absolutely everything into every single thing he does on the pitch, which is great, but it's the cause of all his injuries. If he pulled back even a little, I think we'd see fewer injuries. Whether that's in his make up or not I don't know. It's great to see commitment, but I genuinely worry for his long term health with all the concussions he's picked up over the last few years

Did anyone else notice the bromance banter going on with him and Ciaran Clarke when he returned to the bench after going off? Was hilarious! Bit of leg rubbing going on then the realisation they where both probably on telly...

Edited by DeadlyDirk
  • Like 1

He is, and problem is we cannot have too many players like that if we want to improve. If we continue with this bunch, we need to have five good CBs to get through the season, which means we cannot afford any very good ones. Anyways, I really like Baker and trust him. Just wish he was able to play more.

Agree, I suppose Vlaar leaving means one less sicknote. I'd like to see him replaced with a significant centre-back signing to challenge Clark and Okore who will be the likely first choice pairing.

Did anyone else notice the bromance banter going on with him and Ciaran Clarke when he returned to the bench after going off? Was hilarious! Bit of leg rubbing going on then the realisation they where both probably on telly...

Who is Ciaran Clarke?!

As good a player as Baker is/could be, I don't think he'll never make it at this level consistently.  It looks to me like he has deep underlying injury problems which will always hinder him.  Shame, he's started to look very good, but I said to somebody before the start of the game that I'd put money on either Vlaar or Baker being injured within the first 30 minutes.

Â