Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I really liked Andi when he first came into the first team and hoped he would be another decent product from the academy, but his development has significantly plateaued over the last year or so and I think everyone can agree that if we're to progress, it was time for him to go.

At times this season I honestly wondered if he could control his limbs. He looked like a chicken with his head cut off.

That being said, best of luck to him at Derby.

Is it necessary to move things out of the main forum into "other football"  the second someone has left the club? I think it's still a relevant Villa discussion. Just a thought.

who cares. Hes not a villa player and it takes 3 clicks to find this thread...lol

Edited by gharperr

I've got total respect for the guy and expect he'll do well at Derby.

I tend to think he spent too much time shoring up weaknesses in Villa's defence to really succeed up front.

Unless Villa are willing to spend substantially more than the undisclosed fee they got for Andi, it seems they will not get anyone better.

Noticeable  he said he had offers to stay in Prem League but they would be teams battling relegation and he prefered to be at a team who were trying for promotion.

4 years really its been a relegation fight and for some like Weimann he has taken its toll , it's why squad needs a refresh and for some players they need to get away to get a clean start

b55873d3721d26012116781e5911d1b3.jpg

Thanks Andi. Arguably his best moment for us. Good luck at Doorbee

Tbh I read a lot into this celebration. Seemed to be the end of his wild pumping the air celebrations. Think by this point he'd got wind that the fans were no longer 100% behind him and his confidence never seemed to recover.

Almost as if he held back on the celebration imo.

**** me. Somebody could present you with a pile of gold and you'd observe that it was a bit dusty.

What you on about?

All I'm saying is that I took note of this celebration and thought hmmm, not his usual wild celebration, something isn't quite right.

I'm sorry tho, I'm clearly wrong. After all he then went on to rediscover his best form scoring week after week....... oh wait.

• Like 1

A shame because he was a constant professional and he did have moments of brilliance but he's just average across all of his attributes and it seems this is not the level for him.

Wish him all the best and hope he does well at Derby.

A shame because he was a constant professional and he did have moments of brilliance but he's just average across all of his attributes and it seems this is not the level for him.

He wasn't always a constant pro. He likes a beer and was clearly overweight the season before last. He's a decent sort though I hear and I too wish him all the best.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

He wasn't always a constant pro. He likes a beer and was clearly overweight the season before last. He's a decent sort though I hear and I too wish him all the best.

weimann.jpg

Interestingly only two players remain from that photo.

It's a real shame he did not quite do it, i had high hopes for him. Needs a move to the Championship where he can restart his career.

Pleased with the mooted fee, but at the same time I think he could do well in the Championship, could certainly see him hitting 15 goals or so. 

Not needed here anymore but for his goals against Fulham and Hull alone earned his wages - all the best to him. 

Â