Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I'm a bit sad about this one not because I think we will be any worse off without him but having watched the lad develop over the last 5-6 years or so I feel sorry that he never quite reached the level I thought he would.

I also feel that as a young player he hasn't been helped that in the 5 or so years he has been in the first team squad we have had five different managers and christ knows how many coaching staff. It can't be easy in those circumstances for a young player to fully develop. He clearly also wasn't helped by the fact that he has been pushed out wide when he simply isn't a natural wide player.

I'll never fault the lads effort as he never gave less than 100% and although he didn't score or create many goals for us a lot of the ones he did were very important. I wish him all the best and I have no doubt he will score goals in the Championship and maybe even perhaps realize the undoubted early potential he did show.

• Like 3

Had enough chances at Villa to shine. A few good moments but never really hit it off. Good move for him and hopefully he'll do well.

Never kicked on after 12/13 really. He's probably regressed technically in last two years aswell.

Infuriated me at times but I wish him all the best, he'll do well at Derby I'm sure although given they have Bent and Chris Martin not sure he'll play through the middle up there either.

Best of luck Andi. Hoping Derby can finally make the jump. If you keep buying decent Premier League players you'll usually eventually make the grade.

• Like 1

What's your favourite Weimann moment?

Mine was probably either the goal against Liverpool away, or the goal against Fulham at home under McLeish. That goal was huge.

Wish him the best.

Think his first v United is mine tho his goal v qpr and Sunderland to make it 2-1 just on half time really got villa park bouncing.

Â