Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

;) I have such a way with words, his girlfriend was lovely as well

Surprised she didn't slap you. Was a bit rude to say to him. Always liked Weimann even though he was always pretty mediocre. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I just met him in my home town of Solihull, he was shopping with his girlfriend, seemed like a very nice chap indeed. I said to him "you should've done better at villa" and he agreed

LOL, and after all the grief you gave him on here!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I always liked him. At least he tried. Really thought he'd kick on after a decent season a couple of years back, but just didn't happen. Would have him back in the team ahead of most of our jokers still. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He isn't playing at all. Not even getting off the bench unfortunately 

Still played more than twice as many games as Darren Bent.  And some want Darren Bent back here!

When he was playing at Derby it was wide in the 4-3-3 so much the same as he was doing here.

People always used to go on about him playing main forward but surely his lack of technique hinders that? In the modern game your control back to goal and generally needs to be spot on otherwise attacks will break down as we see with how abysmal Gestede is at it.

That was my biggest gripe with Weimann, he never really seemed to want or was encourage to improve his control and general decision making when running at pace, so many times he'd be running, there would be a team unmarked in a good position and he'd fire a ridiculous ball at 100mph impossible to control and it would go out for a thrown in.

At the beginning of the season he was in the team and doing quite well. Maybe it was beginners luck in his first season at Villa and he was found out for his technique but sadly he's gone the way of many of our players that come through our academy, look good when they break into the team then they dont improve they get steadily worse.

I always read he was a poacher and great goalscorer coming through the academy but then Lambert plonked him out on the wing to chase like a headless chicken. In his defence he used to get into some great positions but lacked composure

• Like 1

A for effort D for ability

Any player who is lacking in technique at this level has no excuse they can do extra training if their heart is in it but they clock off and don't take advantage of all the coaches that are at the club 24/7

On 3/8/2016 at 22:40, dakid007 said:

A for effort D for ability

Any player who is lacking in technique at this level has no excuse they can do extra training if their heart is in it but they clock off and don't take advantage of all the coaches that are at the club 24/7

Do you know as a fact that Weimann did no extra training?

Â