Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I always felt (and said) that if he got a run at a team, even a prem team, at centre forward then he'd probably do ok. The problem he had was that he wasn't good enough to get a run in that position here and so couldn't carve himself out a chance to prove that.

I was convinced he'd score goals in the championship.

The problem he had was that he wasn't good enough to get a run in that position here and so couldn't carve himself out a chance to prove that.

That says it all for me. 10/10 for effort, 1/10 for talent. That's his problem.

Ah no, don't fall into the VT black or white trap :)  I think his talent out of ten is probably a 6 (with his finishing probably a high 7) but at Villa he was up against better strikers, or in Gabby's case more favoured strikers (don't shoot me OBE ;)).  I thought dropping down a division would have cemented him as a first choice striker.  It might still do, but in honesty I'd have expected it to happen immediately, and I'm surprised it hasn't.

• Like 1

I think his talent out of ten is probably a 6 (with his finishing probably a high 7)

:blink:  He couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, his finishing was rash and wayward to say the least. finishing was probably about 3 at best, he used to snatch everything and blaze it into the stands more often than not

Ah no, don't fall into the VT black or white trap :)  I think his talent out of ten is probably a 6 (with his finishing probably a high 7) but at Villa he was up against better strikers, or in Gabby's case more favoured strikers (don't shoot me OBE ;)).  I thought dropping down a division would have cemented him as a first choice striker.  It might still do, but in honesty I'd have expected it to happen immediately, and I'm surprised it hasn't.

You've got him down as -7 then?

Much more of a -5, pushing a -6 for me.

Thanks Andy.

To be fair if he's only started one game, in which I thought he played quite well, its hard to judge on how he has done so far. We all know with strikers its about form and confidence. That first full season under Lambert I thought he was very good. Some of his finishing, particularly against Man U was top notch. 

I think his talent out of ten is probably a 6 (with his finishing probably a high 7)

:blink:  He couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo, his finishing was rash and wayward to say the least. finishing was probably about 3 at best, he used to snatch everything and blaze it into the stands more often than not

He hardly played as a central striker here, especially in his last 2 seasons.  When he did play there and when he got a rare run of games he was good.  His finishing was always his strong point right through the ranks.  We're not talking about Weimann the winger who was sold with no confidence.  We're talking about the potentially good central striker we used to see for us, and who I hoped they'd see again. 

• Like 2

He hardly played as a central striker here, especially in his last 2 seasons.  When he did play there and when he got a rare run of games he was good.  His finishing was always his strong point right through the ranks.  We're not talking about Weimann the winger who was sold with no confidence.  We're talking about the potentially good central striker we used to see for us, and who I hoped they'd see again. 

I always thought he was a poor player, ran around a lot, awful first touch and wayward finisher. That's just my opinion of course, I think he will end up back in Austria or in League 1 before long

Which is what baffles me. When he first broke into the team hitting the target seemed a strong point. Whilst that didn't translate into a fantastic goal return he always seemed to make the keeper work, I honestly thought he was somewhat of a natural.

Now i agree that for the last few seasons all he has worked are the ball boys. I can't quite work out if for some reason he has serious regressed or as a young man we just maybe viewed his early appearances with slightly tinted glasses. 

Its probably somewhere in the middle, and for his effort alone I hope he forges himself a decent career. Sadly for him I don't think that will be at PL level.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that he can't even get into Derby's starting 11 (and he still failed to score for them in the sub appearences he made), how on earth has he managed to start all those games for us in the Premier League?

Lowton has been injured

Been on the bench many a time I have looked at Burnley's results this season.

EDIT :

This one :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34355452

This one :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34299078

This one :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34203719

This one :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34182020

This one  :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34160306

Edited by rodders0223