Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

The point is we won't buy someone for 2 million as a direct replacement, Weimann got almost zero game time under Sherwood anyway. It is quality we need in the squad not quantity, this 2m along with money from other sales will be used on bringing in a better attacking player. Robinson can take Weimann's place on the bench and be as effective.

I'm actually pretty gutted about what's happened to Andi.

That first Lambert season, he was my first name on the team sheet, before Benteke even. His work rate, his shooting, his drive, he was excellent. Then he got his contract extended.

Suddenly, he can't shoot for shit, his head is never over the ball and he skies it over or wide. Now he just runs around for 90 minutes doing very little. I'd love him to get back to his best form, but we don't really have the time to give him another run at it.

• Like 3

Isn't that just loyalty bonuses though? That's different to his actual wages.

Na, when a player finishes his contract at the end of the deal the club sometimes gives the player a loyalty bonus. Nothing to do with wages

My understanding is that under contract law, when you breach a contract (or end a contract early), you have to pay damages suffered by the other side. The side suffering the damage cannot claim where damage has not arisen.

Correct. I read the same in the secret footballer's book. The club is liable for the full contract.

It is why you so rarely see transfer requests nowadays.

That's crazy - what incentive do we have to sell him then if all we're really doing is freeing up a spot in the squad?

What about Bent and the rest of the bomb squad? If we were going to have to pay up all their contracts even if teams had made transfer bids for them why didn't we just do that and get rid of them two or three years ago? It's not like we were expecting a fee for any of them.

The only thing I didn't like about him was when he scored v Hull a couple of seasons back, last home game of the season, and cupped his ears to the fans. He'd been getting stick because he'd been crap for most the season and scored about 3 goals in 35 appearances prior to that game. He did always work hard though, despite lacking talent, and I like Derby (proper club, good fans), so I hope the move goes through and he links up well with Bent.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

The only thing I didn't like about him was when he scored v Hull a couple of seasons back, last home game of the season, and cupped his ears to the fans. He'd been getting stick because he'd been crap for most the season and scored about 3 goals in 35 appearances prior to that game. He did always work hard though, despite lacking talent, and I like Derby (proper club, good fans), so I hope the move goes through and he links up well with Bent.

The problem with most of our squad imho, they see that sort of return as doing enough. It isn't. We need players who demand more of themselves.

• Like 1

The problem with most of our squad imho, they see that sort of return as doing enough. It isn't. We need players who demand more of themselves.

It's the 'losers' tag Sherwood was talking about isn't it. I seem to remember Weimann tweeted after that season with a beer in hand saying 'job done', we'd just finished 16th on 38 points FFS. That is not job done for Aston Villa Football Club.

he lost me when he was on a goal drought.... and he finally scored and put his fingers to his lips to silencers his critics... yeah 1 goal really silenced everyone.. muppet.

• Like 4

Â