Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Yes he's taken too much unfair stick on this forum. I wish him the best of luck whereever he ends up

Considering he came up through the youth system and is effectively one of our own, some of the things said about him have definitely been unduly harsh.

Its not just him, every academy players comes in for a lot of stick, borderline abuse from a section of villa fans.

Bannan and Albrighton got a lot of it same with Gabby and Fonz

Some Villa fans seem to be happy that our academy players fail

Yes he's taken too much unfair stick on this forum. I wish him the best of luck whereever he ends up

Considering he came up through the youth system and is effectively one of our own, some of the things said about him have definitely been unduly harsh.

Its not just him, every academy players comes in for a lot of stick, borderline abuse from a section of villa fans.

Or maybe it's because none of those players you've just menetioned are actually any good?

To me it doesn't matter where the player comes from. If they're good great, if not get rid. I don't subscribe to the idea of giving players more of a break just because they've come through the academy.

If Abgonlahor was Norwegian and we'd signed him when he was 24 he'd have been gone after a season. 

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

Im talking about the abuse they receive on the forums, just because they arent good doesnt mean we should laugh at their failure. You would think they were acting like Joey barton or Robbie Savage with some of the comments

this really does show how average our academy is, it is no longer one of the best as it was once seen to be, this is of course no fault to the coaches because they do a brilliant job, maybe its the day of age where kids only want to be footballers for the money and to date hot models and not really interested in the passion or skill of football?

What academy produces as many players as us though? Cahill, Gardner, Agbonlahor, Moore, Davis, Clark have all played 100 Premier League games while Baker and Whittingham arent far behind.

this really does show how average our academy is, it is no longer one of the best as it was once seen to be, this is of course no fault to the coaches because they do a brilliant job, maybe its the day of age where kids only want to be footballers for the money and to date hot models and not really interested in the passion or skill of football?

Is that the Academy that won the Next Gen series - beating Barcelona's? 

Yep. Average that. 

AndyBM, on 03 Jun 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:snapback.png

Eames

Yep. Average that. 

Not great logic though really, are you suggesting that because we beat them in a one off game our academy is up there with the likes of Barcelona?

Guardiola, Thiago, Xavi, Iniesta, Sergio Busquettes, Messi, Alaba, Montoya.

VS 

Agboblahor, Cahill (our only top class graduate), Craig Gardner, Moore Brothers, Albrighton, Bannan, Weimann, Carruthers, Clarke.

It's a bit of a myth is our academy, we do produce players who go on to have premier league careers no doubt, but very few that would actually be seen as a good signing if they were to come from another club.

Although I, like most others expect big things from Grealish. 

Edited by avfcwills10

nobody has compared Barcelona to Villa really. They have resources we cant afford like taking chances on undergrown kids though im sure Barcelona fans were probably pissed and saying that the academy is shit when they had to pay 50 million to bring 3 youth players back in Alba, Fabregas and Pique

That's because Bannan was a cocky, drink driving piece of shit.

He had more talent than any of the players named imo.

Eames

Yep. Average that. 

Not great logic though really, are you suggesting that because we beat them in a one off game our academy is up there with the likes of Barcelona?

VS 

Agboblahor, Cahill (our only top class graduate), Craig Gardner, Moore Brothers, Albrighton, Bannan, Weimann, Carruthers, Clarke.

It's a bit of a myth is our academy, we do produce players who go on to have premier league careers no doubt, but very few that would actually be seen as a good signing if they were to come from another club.

You're also judging the players the academy is producing right now to Barcelona players who have come to the end of their careers.

No-one is expecting our academy to rival those of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. because it simply won't.  Those clubs will be able to get the most talent available from across the World.

However, currently, our "myth of an academy" has produced more top-level players than any other English club aside from Man Utd and Arsenal.  Sometimes it's ok to be happy with this, y'know?

We are going to sell Wiemann for 2 million pounds? Exactly who are we going to get on that kind of money that is any better?

If that 2m goes towards someone better and who will improve the first team then it is well worth it, Weimann is shite. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

We are going to sell Wiemann for 2 million pounds? Exactly who are we going to get on that kind of money that is any better?

If that 2m goes towards someone better and who will improve the first team then it is well worth it, Weimann is shite. 

That I can agree with....

... and I will if I see it - I just doubt it will happen.

I'd suggest we already have his replacement in the squad. Scott Sinclair.

He cost half a million more, and will be on slightly higher wages, but he will probably offer more to our team and attacking play.

Irrespective of that, not selling someone that isn't going to get used, just because we wont find a replacement for the same money, is pretty pointless. I'd rather we sell the players Sherwood doesn't want, and put the money together into a combined transfer kitty, than keep players in the squad simply to loan them out or have them on the bench all season.

We probably wont get much money for Luna, Tonev, Helenius, Sylla or Bennett, but I'd rather we sold the lot of them for £1.5m combined, than send them on loan again.

EDIT: I've just seen your latest post aswell.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 1

Eames

Yep. Average that. 

VS 

:bang:

yeah, he is shocking

If he goes, Weimann will be a loss and we could end up regretting it. It seems even sillier to sell a forward like Weimann when we have already released Bent and are likely to lose Benteke too.

Weimann is a crap winger, no doubt. But if he plays in his position as a striker then I think he'd actually be worth a lot more than £2m to us. He's played in that position so rarely I don't think it's fair to write him off as sub-standard. Someone said we've replaced him with Sinclair and this too is not fair - it's not the same position! Weimann is an out and out striker who runs on to flick ons or tries to use his pace and work ethic. He may never be a 20 a season striker but he's at least comparable with Gabby when player in the right position.

His best games were when playing in that position and I'll always love that goal against Man City!! Weimann could never be accused of slacking either.

• Like 1

I just don't understand how he declined so much, in the 12/13 season he wasn't bad at all but since then he's just seemed to lose all his ability and all he can do now is run around a lot.

Â