Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

in the times of 24 hour media, reporters trying to sell papers/get page clicks there has never been more speculation than ever before.

Everyday a player is linked with this and that club....never believe what is out there until you see the press conference unveiling or a statement on the official club sites.

As they say on MOMS...media muppets 

Maybe the deal from city was nothing special, maybe he chatted to Roy, maybe he's seen the backlash not only from villa fans but from pretty much all the neutrals too

Who knows

Maybe City were not actually interested.

I would say what's happened is that he was staying then has had his head turned this last week. Now has seen the reaction and maybe Randys had a word and he's realised he's looking like and idiot

Maybe the deal from city was nothing special, maybe he chatted to Roy, maybe he's seen the backlash not only from villa fans but from pretty much all the neutrals too

Who knows

Maybe City were not actually interested.

lol, could imagine Tim setting something up..."walk through the door Delph, man city are waiting on the other side"...walks through the door and "haha, fooled ya".

Amazing. I posted last night that I had no problem with him leaving, and leaving us for City would be a no-brainer. If he has decided to stayed because he is as loyal as he said in January, then that should shut up quite a few people on here!

I can't help but think that the move might have collapsed for some reason, or maybe he realised he would be tarnished as a 'judas' so he decided to stay for now - he might still leave for a bigger club next year, but so be it - fair play to him.

I also said yesterday that I thought he had been part of one of the least effective Aston Villa midfields in my lifetime, and that his departure (with Cleverly, and the arrival of his apparent replacement) gave us an opportunity to reinvent ourselves. It seems we will now reinvent ourselves with Delph still as captai, playing alongside Cleverly's replacement!

Just like January, this is a massive boost for the club, and hopefully a few more arrivals to come.

• Like 1

what the feck is going on! Well alright, you're not a dickhead then Fab.

Last minute change of heart / in collusion with the bookies to make a few bob for omariqy? ;)

Maybe he was about to pull on the Man city top, the all of a sudden a drunken memory of a night out comes back to him " yeah mate in 100% villa", these words seem to from a misty haze in his mind.

*tears streaming down face* "I'm sorry Mr Pellegrini I can't do it, I thought I could but I can't. I can't let Omariqy down after I promised him I would stay. The deals off, find another players international career to ruin."

• Like 1

Some of you should be feverishly editing posts right now.

Why?

Maybe because in the last 24 hours we learned that Fabian is a bit shit really. He's overrated, inconsistent, offers nothing to the team and can't pass... among other things

Based on that there'll clearly be lots of disappointed Villa fans with the news that he's not actually leaving now

I was referring purely to the editing of posts. What has been said has been said. No need to edit them!

I did not think you should actually edit posts. I was sardonically pointing out the absurdity of the original posts. It is called a joke.

What the hell. I'm so confused! Why did the club remove him from the kit pics?

Really glad to here this.

With the widespread reports and the chance of kit pics, it seems fairly obvious to me, that Man City bid for him, we accepted (probably because of the clause), and he was all set for a medical today and signing soon enough.

It's the time between 'offer accepted' and 'deal done', where something must have changed. Either he had second thoughts, he reassessed his options or maybe he spoke to someone at Man City about his possible squad position. Whatever it was, it looks almost certain, to me, that a bid was accepted and a move was 80% certain to be completed, until something changed in Delph's thinking.

Of course it could just be a false rumour that spread like wildfire, but that seems unlikely, considering BBC don't normally run with rumours unless they have some confirmed reports/ strong leads to back it up.

Either way... Thanks for staying Fab! You've made the right choice! (Now sign a new contract without that bloody clause!!! :D)

Also, all this 'humble pie' and 'I bet people are feeling stupid about their comments' stuff, seems a bit daft to me. It was widely reported he was going, from credible sources that you'd normally take as gospel, so the comments were just from people who assumed the move was as good as done.

Wild conjecture again without a shred of evidence.

Yawn.

What evidence would you expect to see? A photo of a sky blue computer with a Man City sticker, of an email account showing '£8m offered for Fabian Delph' in the sent items?

And then another screenshot of a claret and blue computer, with a sent email saying 'Offer accepted, you are free to talk to the player'

?

Yep, either of those.

BlueMoon is quite funny to read right now.....

Be a sport and copy and paste some of the best posts? :)

It's not so much the posts its the vast sway of opinion.

It went from i'd say 70/30 in terms of people saying "Good player, Fits the home grown quota" Some even saying he is better than Milner

Then when the news broke its switched 70/30 in favour of "Shit, didn't want him anyway" and "Begiristain has **** up here"

One person did actually write this though......

Can't blame Begiristain for this.

He was due at CFA today to sign and do an interview for CityTV but never showed.

He'd started to have doubts about the move and decided against it.

Edited by sexbelowsound

This feels like a new signing.. That's how happy I am that he's chosen to stay. I had all but accepted that he was gone and now he's back and it's the lift the club needed..

Â