Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Okay, forget my last post as I sound like a right arse now after reading that avfc post about him not leaving.

Maybe there is such a thing as loyalty in football after all, I'd like to think so...

There was obviously something in it...

Michah Richards confirmed as much.

Plus the club could have denied rumours about 3 weeks ago when the clause rumours surfaced,

Here come the old 'i didn't post what i was thinking so i'll bash those that did' brigade. Congratulations, you score 1 point!

Regardless, i am chuffed.

This last 24 hours.... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Backtracking on here will be worse than Benteke two years ago.

Anyway despite what's been uttered, I'm happy.

He's our captain and when he plays well we play well. Less work to do. Good.

From Delph's point of view it made no sense for him whatsoever to sign a contract if he planned to leave in summer. So the fact he did says to me the whole thing was put together by the club. So on that same basis why on earth would Delph say all those loyalties comments unless instructed to do so.? Makes no sense whatsoever.

I think he is just a honest pro that was manipulated in to thinking he was doing right by the club and the best for himself.

Good luck Delph. Thanks for helping us to stay in this league. Hope you go to play a part in winning things. Something you will never achieve here.

If you're insinuating that Delph only said those 'loyalty' comments in his interview, because the club asked him to, or even scripted it, then that is truly laughable and you need a reality check.

The club won't give the players scripts unless it's a comedy 'Merry Christmas from Aston Villa' video. Players aren't actors.

If you're insinuating that delph engineered a contract with a provisio to give him an easy out option and then requested to do a "message to fans" feature and avfcoffucial exclusive interview to prove how loyal he is...then that really is truly laughable and you need a reality check...
Eh?

You've lost me there, that's exactly what's happened. He signed a new contract, which he didn't have to do. Yes he apparently put in a release clause (presumably to protect himself from further relegation battles if we don't improve), and yes he did a message to the fans where he spoke his own words out of his own mouth.

I don't think I understand your post, unless it was missing a winky smiley.

What the hell. I'm so confused! Why did the club remove him from the kit pics?

Really glad to here this.

Two players removed, maybe the other shot just didn't include benteke...he's up for speculation too.

Maybe just kit promotion photo revolving, or they're seriously **** trolling us.

Wow. You can keep that signing on bonus.

But of a bugger that we've signed your replacement and everything though.

With money plucked out of thin air, it seems ;)

Maybe the deal from city was nothing special, maybe he chatted to Roy, maybe he's seen the backlash not only from villa fans but from pretty much all the neutrals too

Who knows

Tbh he owes it to the fans to at least stay 1 more season especially after the comments he made

Him leaving now would leave his reputation in ruins and to some that means more than £££

Â