Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Boo him out of VP!

Love the argument that "it's the deal of a lifetime", " his kids will be set for life" etc..... Yeah, because the £200k+ a month we pay him is like being on the breadline. Surprised he hasn't been on benefits Britain yet.

**** him and anyone sticking up for him up on their high horses.

Surely that suggests that it wasn't about the money then? How are so many people incapable of seeing that? If there's one thing i've learnt watching football over the years is that it's usually the players that fans care about the most that get the most shit when they leave. 

Edit - HOLY **** HE'S STAYING YESSSS. Some people scrambling to delete their posts. 

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 1

From the OS; http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4856901,00.html

Aston Villa captain Fabian Delph has confirmed he will be remaining at the club and leading the team into the new season.

He said: "I'm aware there has been intense media speculation surrounding my future in the last 24 hours and I want to set the record straight.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

What a word removed!

Edited by momo

Got to love fan websites, someone starts a bullshit rumour and then the subject of that rumour is lower than shit until he releases a statement quashing the bullshit and then he will become a website hero again.

'Someone starts a bullshit rumour' ?

I know right? Damn the trolls sat in the BBC, Daily Mail and Sky Sports offices all conspiring against us to come up with the same bullshit rumour ay?

• Like 4

From Delph's point of view it made no sense for him whatsoever to sign a contract if he planned to leave in summer. So the fact he did says to me the whole thing was put together by the club. So on that same basis why on earth would Delph say all those loyalties comments unless instructed to do so.? Makes no sense whatsoever.

I think he is just a honest pro that was manipulated in to thinking he was doing right by the club and the best for himself.

Good luck Delph. Thanks for helping us to stay in this league. Hope you go to play a part in winning things. Something you will never achieve here.

If you're insinuating that Delph only said those 'loyalty' comments in his interview, because the club asked him to, or even scripted it, then that is truly laughable and you need a reality check.

The club won't give the players scripts unless it's a comedy 'Merry Christmas from Aston Villa' video. Players aren't actors.

If you're insinuating that delph engineered a contract with a provisio to give him an easy out option and then requested to do a "message to fans" feature and avfcoffucial exclusive interview to prove how loyal he is...then that really is truly laughable and you need a reality check...

Imagine if this was all tabloid rubbish and he actually was staying all along.

We would all love him again and say he's a man of integrity!!!  A Villa legend!!!  

Unfortunately, don't think it is going to happen.

Onwards and upwards. 

Always knew he was a man of integrity!!!  A Villa legend!!  B) B) B)

Onwards and upwards!

If he was rejecting them he would be in Portugal and all over our kit promo's.

Or with his very pregnant wife.

Yea you clutch those straws.

Well, Cliffy, there is no hard evidence yet that he is going, so I am happier to clutch at straws than to assume the worst.

Some do one thing, some do t'other.

Some people are realists that can see what's right in front of their eyes and some are the opposite i guess. Well denial is the first step after all.

You may not have noticed, but I have not said that he is staying, just that I do not see any hard evidence at this point that he is going.

Actually, have just seen that he is staying.

Edited by AntrimBlack

Â