Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Some of you should be feverishly editing posts right now.

Why?

Maybe because in the last 24 hours we learned that Fabian is a bit shit really. He's overrated, inconsistent, offers nothing to the team and can't pass... among other things

Based on that there'll clearly be lots of disappointed Villa fans with the news that he's not actually leaving now

I was referring purely to the editing of posts. What has been said has been said. No need to edit them!

What the hell. I'm so confused! Why did the club remove him from the kit pics?

Really glad to here this.

With the widespread reports and the chance of kit pics, it seems fairly obvious to me, that Man City bid for him, we accepted (probably because of the clause), and he was all set for a medical today and signing soon enough.

It's the time between 'offer accepted' and 'deal done', where something must have changed. Either he had second thoughts, he reassessed his options or maybe he spoke to someone at Man City about his possible squad position. Whatever it was, it looks almost certain, to me, that a bid was accepted and a move was 80% certain to be completed, until something changed in Delph's thinking.

Of course it could just be a false rumour that spread like wildfire, but that seems unlikely, considering BBC don't normally run with rumours unless they have some confirmed reports/ strong leads to back it up.

Either way... Thanks for staying Fab! You've made the right choice! (Now sign a new contract without that bloody clause!!! :D)

Also, all this 'humble pie' and 'I bet people are feeling stupid about their comments' stuff, seems a bit daft to me. It was widely reported he was going, from credible sources that you'd normally take as gospel, so the comments were just from people who assumed the move was as good as done.

• Like 2

Without intending to play party pooper, I think his move to City probably collapsed at the last minute.

There is absolutely no reason to suggest that the plug was pulled from City's end. 

• Like 1

Randy flys in, Delph decides to stay. Very interesting.

My thoughts too!

Didn't Delph say something in January about how he owes everything to Randy? Perhaps Randy actually came and sorted it out

Â