Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Without intending to play party pooper, I think his move to City probably collapsed at the last minute.

Why though, was this Pellegrini overruling the board? Have they suddenly had a breakthrough in signing Paul Pogba in the last 24 hours so scrapped this.

Methinks it's more Delph having a serious think about it last night and maybe deciding where he'd be more valued.

Still I'd be interested when the full story comes out over the next few weeks as it's a bizarre one.

Benteke did a similar u turn two summers ago which shocked us but he was never that close to joining anyone, just put in a transfer request.

At least it shows you we do treat our players well and they're not adverse to changing their minds and staying here for a bit longer.

Obviously it was hard to think anything other than he was leaving last night, but I still wasn't convinced. I've just never thought it was going to go through. 

It would have ripped the heart out of me if he'd gone because I really believe he's a good lad as well as my favourite player. I totally bought into his quotes about loyalty and being different. 

Turns out I was right. 

Fantastic, fantastic news. 

• Like 1

Is he still average now he's staying?

No, he was robbed by Chelsea-loving media to not be in Premier League team of the season!

Hahaha, he is not a perfect player by long shot but he is our captain, and he is a good player no matter how you look at it.

Just reassuring ourselves that there is life after Delph (and there certainly is).

What the hell. I'm so confused! Why did the club remove him from the kit pics?

Really glad to here this.

With the widespread reports and the chance of kit pics, it seems fairly obvious to me, that Man City bid for him, we accepted (probably because of the clause), and he was all set for a medical today and signing soon enough.

It's the time between 'offer accepted' and 'deal done', where something must have changed. Either he had second thoughts, he reassessed his options or maybe he spoke to someone at Man City about his possible squad position. Whatever it was, it looks almost certain, to me, that a bid was accepted and a move was 80% certain to be completed, until something changed in Delph's thinking.

Of course it could just be a false rumour that spread like wildfire, but that seems unlikely, considering BBC don't normally run with rumours unless they have some confirmed reports/ strong leads to back it up.

Either way... Thanks for staying Fab! You've made the right choice! (Now sign a new contract without that bloody clause!!! :D)

Also, all this 'humble pie' and 'I bet people are feeling stupid about their comments' stuff, seems a bit daft to me. It was widely reported he was going, from credible sources that you'd normally take as gospel, so the comments were just from people who assumed the move was as good as done.

Wild conjecture again without a shred of evidence.

I'd say he's still an 'average to good' player. He's better than a lot of our other players, but that's nothing to shout about.

He's a tireless runner, who scores the occasional goal, has improved his defensive game over the years and has a solid, if unspectacular, passing game.

I don't think many of the comments made about his abilities were that bad, to be honest.

Unfortunately, for him, he's probably not good enough to cement a place in Man City's midfield.

• Like 1

With the widespread reports and the chance of kit pics, it seems fairly obvious to me, that Man City bid for him, we accepted (probably because of the clause), and he was all set for a medical today and signing soon enough.

It's the time between 'offer accepted' and 'deal done', where something must have changed. Either he had second thoughts, he reassessed his options or maybe he spoke to someone at Man City about his possible squad position. Whatever it was, it looks almost certain, to me, that a bid was accepted and a move was 80% certain to be completed, until something changed in Delph's thinking.

Of course it could just be a false rumour that spread like wildfire, but that seems unlikely, considering BBC don't normally run with rumours unless they have some confirmed reports/ strong leads to back it up.

Either way... Thanks for staying Fab! You've made the right choice! (Now sign a new contract without that bloody clause!!! :D)

Also, all this 'humble pie' and 'I bet people are feeling stupid about their comments' stuff, seems a bit daft to me. It was widely reported he was going, from credible sources that you'd normally take as gospel, so the comments were just from people who assumed the move was as good as done.

The club removing him from pictures, richards confirming delph asked him about moving to man city and loads of media outlets reporting the same stories.

Hardly wild conjecture without a shred of evidence

I'm not sure many actually criticised his ability, so your point scoring is aimed at maybe two or three people. Well done you.

• Like 2

Yawn.

What evidence would you expect to see? A photo of a sky blue computer with a Man City sticker, of an email account showing '£8m offered for Fabian Delph' in the sent items?

And then another screenshot of a claret and blue computer, with a sent email saying 'Offer accepted, you are free to talk to the player'

?

Â