Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'd welcome bringing Richardson in.  Everton have two of the best full backs in the league - and Richardson's experience from playing on the left may well come in handy for covering against Coleman.  I'd actually like us to go 4-4-2 in a weird way...

I'd like to see CNZ start on Saturday. Richardson was going to be the one to miss out but given this news I'd probably slot him into the middle three alongside Westwood and Cleverley.

Big blow though, just when things are settling down in midfield for once.

Lambert quoted as confirming a Dislocation

@bren_mcloughlin: Asked if Delph had suffered a shoulder dislocation, Lambert replied: "Aye, probably that." #avfc

Yet another bad training ground injury

Centrally Richardson is pretty poor though and I wouldn't want to see him have a run of games there. I'd rather bring in Sánchez and maybe allow Westwood more freedom to play as a pivot.

Sanchez needs to be a lot better than he was against Arsenal tbh. I'd still go for Richardson and see what the trio looks like.

I suppose the benefit is without Barkley Everton don't really have anyone in midfield who runs beyond the forwards as McCarthy, Barry and Besic are pretty static midfield players. Wouldn't shock me if they start Leon Osman as he always seems to score against us.

Sanchez needs to be a lot better than he was against Arsenal tbh. I'd still go for Richardson and see what the trio looks like.

We should remember though that he didn't really participate in Elche's pre-season and it's safe to say that the Arsenal performance was probably a reflection of that. You'd like to think that he is likely more up to speed in that regard now.

• Like 2

We could be about to see the grim reality of a midfield without Delph, one that we'll see a lot next season.

We're much weaker personnel wise now than we were when he joined. He's vital.

Hope we cope OK. We can't baby Carlos though, he's an experienced international. Fukcing get in there big man and show the Premier League what you're made of!

Edited by Tomaszk

As for Barkley he is well ahead of schedule and returned to full training this week and Martinez said he may even play a part at the weekend with the whole side buzzing to see him back lol

Ffs though, We do have shitbag luck with injuries. Vlaar, Benteke, Delph, Guzan are the 4 you need to always be playing, rarely happens.

Â