Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

the best present we could all get as Villa fans would be him, Vlaar and Grealish on new contracts.

I kind of expect Vlaar to leave. I'm quietly confident Delph might sign a new contract but he will get a lot of exposure now and no doubt his wage demands will reflect this. Could be a problem for a club up for sale and second lowest spenders in the league this summer.

If Grealish leaves on a free I give up.

The club simply have to give him the offer he deserves or lose the player

I don't care if the club give an agreement where he can leave not this summer but the next if a big club come in for him as long as we recieve a huge fee but losing him for nothing is completely unacceptable

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

yeah these contracts should have been sorted as soon as we were mathematically safe last season. Even if Randy is to stay on... he has to think about the future...  Delph and Grealish could cost 20-25 million in 2-3 years time (Delph certainly will) now that hes a full england international. Thankfully i cant see the really big clubs come in for him just yet... but maybe Liverpool see him as a Gerard replacement? who knows. We need to tie them up and if we have to sell them for big money down the track. Especially if Grealish decides to become an England player. Thats the thinking of a selling club.

If we have new owners then we should look to build around these guys. I am not confident of keeping any of the three (Vlaar Delph and Grealish)

Great, we can now look forward to the inevitable sight of watching Delph follow in the footsteps of Barry, Young, Milner and Downing and leaving us at the first opportunity when the bigger clubs come around waving wads of cash.

Delph and Henderson looked good together in midfield, Wilshire was very dissapointing though.

First game and he showed some other players the way with England... have confidence in yourself, he's not short of that and it showed :-)

Well Barton did say he should of got MOM.

Have

For all of the fans that are happy Delph had a good game. You do realise this is the beginning of the end of his Villa career if he continues to play well for England?

I personally hope the haters get their way and he isn't a starter every game. Villa is more important than England for me.

Joey Barton slagging delph off after his yellow card saying he's a nailed on red and should be subbed before it's too late. Oh the irony!

He had a point though.
When did he get sent off?
Really?
He didn't have a point because that's how delph is, if he was a red waiting to happen he'd of been sent of numerous times in his career. He's never been sent off. Delph did nothing different tonight to his normal game and I'm glad.
Have

He'd of already subbed him.

For all of the fans that are happy Delph had a good game. You do realise this is the beginning of the end of his Villa career if he continues to play well for England?

I personally hope the haters get their way and he isn't a starter every game. Villa is more important than England for me.

Joey Barton slagging delph off after his yellow card saying he's a nailed on red and should be subbed before it's too late. Oh the irony!

He had a point though.
When did he get sent off?
Really?

He did two reckless challenges in the first few minutes so had to play the rest of the game on a yellow. If he was taken off at half time it would have been understandable.

So he did what he does every week for villa?

Who did get MOTM?..

Didnt see but must of been Wellbeck
Have, have FFS
  • Like 2

Â