Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Despite his age I think he deserves to be paid up there with Benteke, Vlaar & Gabby as the top earners at the club. He'll sign a new contract I'm sure, he knows if he's good enough next summer or summer after a top 4 club will come in for him. If he stays at Villa he can cement his England place

Pretty sure he's already paid more than Benteke and Vlaar, he's one of the top earners at the club.

55k   Hairy hands released a list of players wages before he got pulled into line.  Think him doing that was the straw that broke the camels back.  Gabby was highest on 60k.

Despite his age I think he deserves to be paid up there with Benteke, Vlaar & Gabby as the top earners at the club. He'll sign a new contract I'm sure, he knows if he's good enough next summer or summer after a top 4 club will come in for him. If he stays at Villa he can cement his England place

Pretty sure he's already paid more than Benteke and Vlaar, he's one of the top earners at the club.

55k Hairy hands released a list of players wages before he got pulled into line. Think him doing that was the straw that broke the camels back. Gabby was highest on 60k.

If Bentake is on 55K then I'm convinced there must be a reasonable release clause. We know he has the potential to be a great player and will earn mega bucks one day.

When he is banging in goals in the Champions League and on the World stage we will say he was one of ours once.

55k Hairy hands released a list of players wages before he got pulled into line. Think him doing that was the straw that broke the camels back. Gabby was highest on 60k.

If Bentake is on 55K then I'm convinced there must be a reasonable release clause. We know he has the potential to be a great player and will earn mega bucks one day.

When he is banging in goals in the Champions League and on the World stage we will say he was one of ours once.

He's on about Delph being on £55k

It's probably along the lines of "Rodgers has long been a fan of Delph" then go on to talk about him as if he was playing at some top 4 club with speculation thrown in here or there and the occasional what it would be like if he were playing alongside whatever overpriced superstar.

• Like 1

Fabian Delph vs Switzerland: 57 touches, 97% pass accuracy, 2 key passes, 2 dribbles, 2 tackles, 1 shot, 1 block, 1 foul. Yes, 1 foul!

Thats wrong then because he made a foul before his yellow which should have been a yellow but the ref told him its his last chance after 5 mins lol. Then the yellow came on 9

First tackle wasn't a foul, advantage played and used.

Still a foul then no? Not a free kick but a foul surely? Advantage can only be played when there is a foul beforehand

2 page write up on him in the sun

I don't buy the Sun, or sub to their site. What did it say?

To be fair it ended up pretty forgettable but it was complimentary, sure it was the sun that said he moved the ball quickly and accurately, something England always scream out for but not even lampard and gerrard were capable of doing

Then I think it was i paper that did a write up on him and did a comparison between him and Milner and questioned milners choices, said something along the lines of yes he's got a couple medals but he's never nailed a position there, nor for England, will never get the central midfielder role he wants, and based on him playing about 40 minutes so far this season Delph is rightly ahead of him for England, Milner was destined to become a footballer remembered for having a great work rate rather than his ability

BBC WM football phone in Delph not good enough for England Craig Gardner is better then him no surprise it was from an Albion obsessed they are

Well done last night Delph not great 10 mins and that booking soon calmed down showed everyone was justified in being picked

• Like 2

BBC WM football phone in Delph not good enough for England Craig Gardner is better then him no surprise it was from an Albion obsessed they are

Well done last night Delph not great 10 mins and that booking soon calmed down showed everyone was justified in being picked

Wow! They can't have actually believed what they were saying? Craig Gardner is not a bad player, but he is the very definition of plumb average. Delph was good last night, he gave England impetus. Something they have clearly lacked for a long time. They seem made for each other.

• Like 1

To be fair it ended up pretty forgettable but it was complimentary, sure it was the sun that said he moved the ball quickly and accurately, something England always scream out for but not even lampard and gerrard were capable of doing

Then I think it was i paper that did a write up on him and did a comparison between him and Milner and questioned milners choices, said something along the lines of yes he's got a couple medals but he's never nailed a position there, nor for England, will never get the central midfielder role he wants, and based on him playing about 40 minutes so far this season Delph is rightly ahead of him for England, Milner was destined to become a footballer remembered for having a great work rate rather than his ability

Remembered for throwing away his career by following the money.

He has won the league twice since leaving. 

He has won the league twice since leaving. 

He won PFA Young Player of the Year and got into the PFA Premier League Team of the Year at Villa.

I think the point was he's won the league twice, playing for man city, playing champions league, has 50 caps for England, and yet at no point has he ever been a regular or consistent player for England, and now Delph is seemingly ahead of him in the pecking order too, he's something of nothing, like I said, liked because of his work rate and ability to play in different positions, the paper made the comparison because of him coming to us from Leeds and being around forever

Hopefully it's things like that that's being said to Delph, he's got the money, he's got a couple of medals, he's also played more for England than he has for man city this season, and he's only played 40 minutes for England...

Yeh but if a massive club comes calling for you and are ready to pay big money, are you really going to think I'm not going to play much because I'm not good enough really?

Milner may well have gone for the money but surely he would have had belief in his own ability to claim a place in the team? As it turned out he isn't good enough for where they want to be but surely he had to try?

Yeh but if a massive club comes calling for you and are ready to pay big money, are you really going to think I'm not going to play much because I'm not good enough really?

Milner may well have gone for the money but surely he would have had belief in his own ability to claim a place in the team? As it turned out he isn't good enough for where they want to be but surely he had to try?

No... he didn't... He should have stayed here where the we loved him, appreciated him for what he did and gave him the stage for people to say 'Wow, you know that James Milner at Aston Villa, he is a fine player... Good to see finally he has found a club that has given him the opportunity to show what he is made of'... We wanted him here... Twice... Man City only wanted him to destablise us like they did with Barry... We were the ones knocking on the C.L door and they wanted to skin us for what we had so they could take our place...

They were signing David Silva, Yaya Toure, Kolarov and Balotelli in the same transfer window... They didn't need James Milner... They just wanted him so we couldn't have him and Milner should have been a little more savvy and loyal to have seen that...

Back to Delph... Top lad, but like all players that leave us... I will only wish them well if its to another country or due to retirement...

• Like 3

Â