Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Will be a massive confidence boost to our Fabian, hope he scores, assists and crunches a few, finishing with an interview to collect his MOTM award and then sign his contract in front of the cameras. 

Cant see him starting, surely Milner will be starting in there giving him the chance to show England and Man City how they have wasted him. 

They've given him a feature piece on sky sports news after the rumours of him starting today. Shows his leeds days and villa days.

Yup he's made it, chuffed for him but hope he pens a deal. Think he will, comes across like he really owes Villa for sticking by him during his injuries

• Like 3

i'd be surprised if he started too.

He looked busy and eager for the ball against an average Norway team but this is Switzerland, an entirely different prospect.

if it were me i'd put Sterling and Wilshere/Ox behind Rooney and play a 3 man midfield relying on the full back to get forward to provide the width.

Central 3  out of Henderson (if fit) / Delph / Milner / Wilshere /Ox depending on who gets the nod for the advanced role.

Hart

Stones   Jones    Cahill   Baines

Milner    Henderson    Ox/Delph

Sterling      Wilshere

Rooney

Let's go out and try an cause some problems for them.  That's all we ask.

There's still one bit of play I always remember about Delph which I think sums him up perfectly. Wish I had a gif of it or something. It was against Chelsea (?) where he was inside our area, under pressure from 2 or 3 players with nowhere to go. I was thinking 'careful, just kick it out'. Not only did he turn his way out of trouble, he accelerated past everyone else, left them for dead and brought the ball to the opposition area before giving it to someone else. Really wowed me at the time.

• Like 3

God if you love him so much why don't you just marry him or something?

Bloody hell Darren!

Nobody has posted on the main forum for half an hour now and it's because of bullying like this. Nobody likes you, bully!

But I thought everyone loves a bit of bully?

bully-home.jpg

• Like 2

As chuffed to bits I am for this to have arrived for Delph finally.

It's kind of come at just the wrong time for Villa - with him being in his last 9 months of contract. So if he does well, no doubt one of Spurs/Pool will try their luck. Typical.

Â